Agnostic.com

4 5

My son (14) likes to cook. Today’s project was banana bread - but he has also made Russian dumplings, naan, and assorted other dishes as it strikes his fancy. #cooking

Ohub 7 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Awesome, as a professional chef I say please continue to encourage him, does he want to go to school for it? My facebook chef page is Culinary Cure, 30 years in Los Angeles...food is love and love is food.

I’ve had several talks with him about that. At the moment he does not show interest in going to school for that - but he starts 9th grade this coming fall and has time to ponder his future. I’ll have a look at your Facebook page when I sneak back in there ! And given your and @SteveStewart comments I will certainly continue to encourage him to cook and follow his interests. He is actually quite good at his cooking and I agree it would be a good career option for him especially since he loves to do it !

I encouraged my son to cook. He started asking when he was 8. He is 26 now and a trained Chef working in LA. He loves being a Chef. He landed a great job. He has Union health insurance and retirement pension. I am one proud dad.

Where is he cooking, I was there for three decades.

It's a high end treatment center with 120 residents. It's in Culver City on Venice Blvd. He's very excited with Passover coming and he is helping in preparing a completely Kosher menu. Since returning from Israel he has embraced his religion and culture. I can't wait to taste some of his dishes.

Yes! Teach kids how to cook. Especially the boys.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43397
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.