Agnostic.com

14 5

Have you ever carpooled with a co-worker? Share your experience.

It irritates me when I have to carpool with a co-worker (not a friend) who wants to chat about things I don't care or wants to listen to music I don't like. I tend to avoid such an awkward situation and rather use public transportation if possible.

Aralt 7 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only once or twice.

Did it for a few weeks with one of my supervising student teachers...fucker was always late...I couldn't stand that about carpooling. I couldn't protest because he was giving me part of my 12 credit student teaching grade. grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a co-worker with a flatulence problem who insists on keeping the windows closed?

Have done ocassionally, but years ago I was carpooling daily with a co worker, a few hours each way. By the end of the 2nd week were were getting on very well so decided to see each other of a weekend as well. 6 weeks later she moved in.

@moonmaid phew, thanks for that, I was wondering if I was strange somehow.

I carpooled for 2 or 3 years with different people. One stint was with a gorgeous, smart co-worker who lived near me. Both of us were married, so nothing ever happened, and later on she actually became Director over the function I was in (HR). Anyway, she was way out of my class.

Later on, under that same person's directive, I initiated the company Rideshare program, a state (or city) mandate at the time, and was the program coordinator, so for appearances sake, I got myself into a carpool. Some of the people in the carpool worked where I did, some didn't. I rather enjoyed some of them at times; then again, I had to engage in a bit of dispute resolution at times also. That, I did not enjoy.

All in all, though. I did enjoy the experience for the while I did it. The lady I carpooled with for the longest time was a very nice person and we were very friendly for that time.

I gave a coworker a ride to work until she was able to get a car, about 3-4 months. It was fine. I get along with most people and have a wide taste in music, so it’s hard to find something I won’t listen to.

They were unreliable.

I carpooled with a colleague for a ew months while he was getting a divorce. It was painful for both of us Then he was moved to another division about 30 miles away, and he had to get a car. Strangely enough, his soon to be ex-wife became my phlebotomist for quite a while, so I got to hear the other side of the coin. This is living in the country.

I would almost rather gouge out my own eyes than be reliant on someone else to get to work.

One time I did ask was when I was still riding a bike.

I go to work very early so it was full dark. It was also a terrible thunderstorm.

That day I called a co-worker who worked the same shift who was practically going right by if she would pick me up.

"No. I can't. Thunderstorms scare me too much. I want to get to work as fast as I can."

So I had to ride a bike in it.

Seriously. Fuck asking anyone for help.

I used to ride a bike to work, also. 4 miles. And I rode once during a storm, just like you. I loved it! The wind was so strong that I just lifted my feet off the pedals and let it blow me along. It was exhilarating. And I got to work 15 minutes quicker than usual, lol.

@marga This wasn't just wind. The wind there was was from all sides.
Lightning everywhere and sleet in the face for added fun.

Glad your storm was fun.

@BufftonBeotch Yeah, it was more than wind. It was thunder, lightning, rain sleeting down in sheets...there was one tree that had been split vertically. I love Mother Nature! 🙂

I had a good experience many years ago but we ended up is more than just carpool buddies after a while

When I was in the military I had to carpool with everyone who lived in the barracks...generally sucked but everyone was so bleary and tired they just shut up and rode along peacefully. That said it’s not something I’d like to repeat

I carpooled 2 several jobs, but only with coworkers I got along with. No way in heck I'm trapping myself in a tiny fast moving object with someone I can't stand! We had soooo much fun! We usually agreed on a few types of music that we would absolutely not listen 2, but other than that we listened 2 all kinds of stuff, I even found a few songs I didn't know I liked. Also smoking a bowl on the way home helped everyone get along, lol

Byrd Level 7 Mar 25, 2018

Smoking a bowl...nice.

I work for a temp agency and I don't have a car. I have to rely on others going to my job site. That has a lot of consequences. Most of them are drugged out or up. All of them broke regardless of how much they work. A large percentage are incoherent. It's a daily experience.

I avoid it. Work is work, the commute is mine.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43428
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.