Agnostic.com

32 3

Who would you be in a post-apocalyptic society?

What type of person? Perhaps a Negan-type character, or Mad Max? How would your morality change, do you think, and what would be your new social roles?

Honestape 6 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is actually a poser, despite all the book & movie tropes out there. It would to an extent on the actuality of the new "society", if there was one at all, & who I was responsible for. Otherwise the question is just way too open to honestly answer. for me, at least.

Probably the dead type. I would like to think I could be a bad mamma but not likely.

I’d love to say Carol from Walking Dead. Start out as someone who is weak and gets walked all over. Eventually evolve into a bad ass, cookie making, child frightening zombie killer.

I bake cookies and I know things.

I'd be "the hearth witch". Cooking, preserving, storing, growing, keeper of the larder & trying to keep folks healthy with a bunch of "voodoo brews" as my sons call herbal teas (helped their coughs, sore throats & aches). Amazing what you can do with a cat skinner. I was raised on a farm so hunting, fishing, farming, raising chickens, rabbits & hogs (& butchering same) & foraging were all part of daily life. Those would be important skills in a post apic world.

I would be a MacGyver creating useful things out of what was left.

I'd like to think, I'd be the scout and forager. Takes me away from the other living people. 😛

Some guy who had to fix stuff all day while other people pointed guns at him.

???

Hopefully dead, I have known for all my life that I do not want to live in a world where I have to kill others for food and water.

The same as I am now: the old woman who knows how to do stuff.

I would be the hermit, tucked away with my books!

BillF Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

I would be the night sentry. I'm a night person. I have a rifle, but it's 103 years old. I would be the medicine person: stitching wounds, digging out bullets and treating disease. I would keep a batch of stone soup going. I would teach the kids how to psych out the opposition. I can make a Geiger counter with some gypsum, aluminum foil and a coffee can.

I’m thinking of building an extension, why don’t you pop around for a coffee?

When the zombie craze hit all those years ago, the local high school kids got together and did up a list of people where they felt were essential to keep alive come the apocalypse. Yay, I was top of the list, I knew a lot to stuff they thought interesting, was faster than most of them, certainly stronger than any of them. Fast forwards a couple of decades, and i am a liability. I was told on the weekend I would still be the strategist. I think my roles would be cook, and if things got messy, decoy. Ie get caught while the others got away.

Scenes from Mad Max come immediately to mind.

Who can I be but me? I am not a comix.

Try to find like-minded people to rebuild a society.

I'd probably be a hermit, fending for myself as much as I could.

I would probably be the dude that sacrifices himself for the group just because I know I’d slow them down. Plus with my current lifestyle, I wouldn’t be much of a drain on food rations, just mobility, so why should I be a loose end to the group? If it’s a post-apocalyptic society, it’s not like I have anything to look forward to other than just surviving another day only to repeat the process, so dying would bother me only because it’s... well, death, but I think I could come to terms with it if I were in the after the end of the world.

Adam7 Level 4 Mar 26, 2018

Dead most likely.

I would roam the earth with my mini poodle in the passenger seat, driving my camaro with twin machine guns on the hood.

actually I would probably dead as would most of you.

Probably dead. I'm not very useful.

We have been studying this long and hard,
my son flew to Atlanta a few years back to meet this survivor called Beth but apparently she died a season or 2 later. So xmas before last the guys went out with a group including one of the girls from Wolf Creek to see if they could get any pointers on survival. They failed, so it was up to me, I have been onto this and have decided to follow the British Government plans as per this link.

A heady cocktail of Rasputin, Richelieu, Shakyamuni Buddha, and George Carlin.

Probably the dead type. LOL!. I unfortunately lack the survival skills for an apocalypse. 😛

The guy who escapes to an alternate universe.

godef Level 7 Mar 25, 2018

Mad Max/Fury Road or crazy Mel Christian Gibson?
I'll take the former if I get to hang out with a Furiosa.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43477
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.