Agnostic.com

28 16

Declining invitation to church,

My dad has recently asked me to attend church with him, but I feel no connection to god Christianity whatsoever! I’m more skeptical and sometimes feel that religion as a whole is a way to cope with having shitty lifestyle and the uncertainty that death and the afterlife. How should I respectfully decline also letting him no that I’m not Christian anymore.?

Ashxoleyxo 5 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's yer thang! Just kidding! Respect his sincere intentions but make it clear that even if you would attend church it is b/c you love him & not b/c you think his position has merit.
I empathize with your position b/c it can be an emotional manipulation.

I never told my parents I was Atheist but I think they knew. I didn't want to hurt their feelings. Now that they are gone I wish I had been truthful with them.

Just say that you don't want to go to church because it isn't your thing. I wouldn't bother to go into much detail even if he asks because there's no purpose. Let him have his belief and you enjoy your non belief.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:435516
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.