Agnostic.com

27 3

What's the most ridiculous pet peeve you have?

Everyone has certain little things that for whatever reason annoy the hell out of them. Some are understandable; others irrational. I think it's pretty entertaining to learn just what gets people's goat.

One in my seemingly long list is when people say they ordered something "offline". How did this come to be when "online" is the correct word and actually makes sense? To me, ordering something offline would entail ordering it from a catalogue or something not involving the internet. Maybe they're really saying "I ordered it off online" and just combining the last two words for some reason. Who knows?

TheInfiniteChris 5 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate when people want to know something but don’t take 2 seconds to find it out for themselves before asking me. Also this one is kinda new since I started working in a grocery store in October, but when people don’t put things back where they go. No, really, someone put a chocolate milk in the freezer section, and no that is not where it goes. Whoever did it was lucky it didn’t explode because it looked like it was going to.

Adam7 Level 4 Mar 26, 2018

Oh you might as well get used to that second one as fast as you can. Working in any sort of retail will reveal just how lazy the general population is.

Jeez you've gone and given me an idea now.

Two or more people blocking the enitre aisle in a grocery store and not letting you through.

JK666 Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

I need to grow my hair back out.

This never happened to me when I looked like a biker. ?

This one is extremely high on my list, haha

I just wonder how you feel when it's one person and their cart...

A couple of things:

First, during a phone calI when I’m slowly and clearly reciting my phone number and the person on the other end of the call needs to interject “uh-huh” or “ok”
“Mmm-hmmm” after I give them the first 3 or 4 numbers, they almost invariably miss a number or two because the were speaking, and I have to start the number over again.

Lastly. When a cashier is counting my cash/change, they lick their fingers as they peel off the bills they’re about to hand me to put in my wallet. Ewwww ?

Does this make me seem a little bothered?

For that second one, I'm no germaphobe but that would still bother me. I know there's tons of germs on money anyway but it's still unnecessary.

When small kids are playing on the local streets and the parents yell to every driver "Watch out for the kids."

Well i guess that's easier than them telling their kids to stay out of the road. It's a shame that nowadays it seems to be the norm to blame other people for everything.

@TheInfiniteChris Well, then, some people shouldn't procreate.

When people use stopping at an intersection as an opportunity to dump their car ashtrays in the road. And when I see someone tossing trash out their car whilst driving. Burns. Me. Up!

I was in a drive thru one time and saw a lady lower her window and dump another fast food bag of trash out on the ground. I was amazed.

@TheInfiniteChris I the sheer nerve and total disregard for the environment just stun me.

My shirts all have to be facing the same direction and on the hangar the same direction too. Yeah, I know; "Anal much? " .

You just like order and there's nothing wrong with that, haha

Why no...no, that's not anal at all! It isn't!

I work in the busiest area of San Francisco (financial district), so this one is annoyingly prevalent--but it doesn't take being in a busy city to notice it: people who text/read/whatever on their phones while walking. No one watches where they're going, they tend to walk slower and hold up busy foot traffic, and create slow-downs and bottlenecks akin to the rubber-necking of drivers on a freeway. Once you start to notice it, you can't unsee it; it's everywhere, and it's annoying as hell. Can that text not wait 30 seconds until the next time you stop at a crosswalk, or when you get to wherever you're going? I understand emergencies, but 30+ people glued to their phones at once while walking down the sidewalk is ridiculous. Come on, humans, get it together. =)

I can completely relate to that but for me that peeve falls into the larger bucket of "people who aren't aware of their surroundings". They're the people who text and walk, the ones who suddenly change direction without looking, those that hold conversations with each other in busy walkways, those that decide that in front of a doorway is the best place to stop and gather themselves. They're just so blissfully unaware of the world around them and it makes me irrationally angry, haha

@TheInfiniteChris Yesss!! So true. I think some people just honestly forget that the world is continuing on around them. I guess this peeve isn't technically "ridiculous" so much as it is "common sense", and those who violate get my stink eye, haha.

@ScienceBiker My father was born in San Jose, before being forced to relocate at the age of 8 to Utah to be closer to the Mormon "holy land", so we go down that way frequently and I can absolutely attest that that's the case ?

When a person asks where I am from. For that person may be the only time he/she asks about a person's nationality... but for me is an every day one. Annoying.

For me it used to be "what nationality are you?". That ended once i started giving people a hard time about it because why does it matter, ya know?

People not indicating in there fucking cars

I think that'll be high on everyone's list, haha

it's not like its difficult

Mine is the term 'pet peeve'. Makes my skin crawl! 😀

Well this post must get you pretty riled up!

Rolling luggage.
Man buns.

I’d understand rolling backpacks but rolling luggage? What about them grinds your gears?

@AmonRawr
IDK. I just wanna bark at rolling luggage. LOL I can't really explain it.

Man buns. My son’s a millennial. He and his friends call the guys sporting them “Sprouts”. I thought it was funny. Maybe I’m just jealous because my hair days are behind me but, as my dad used to say “It’s not a bald spot, it’s a solar panel for a sex
machine”.

The tops to storage container

Rus57 Level 3 Mar 27, 2018

This is it. This is the one i don't understand, haha

Idiotic questions about what irritates me really peeves me.

I also find the word 'peeve' to be peevesome.

I named a kitten Peeve just to have a pet one once.

I hope you're trying to be funny instead of attacking the questioner....

And yet you still took the time to answer so it can't be all that bad ?

Oh don't worry @Freespirit64, i took his comment in jest. Even if he wasn't joking i don't get in the habit of arguing with strangers on the internet, haha

@Freespirit64 hmm, just found another one.

@TheInfiniteChris lol...yes...my philosophy exactly

I don't like gym junkies, women who go to the gym all the time turn me off. I like healthy women, but toned doesn't do it for me.

I can understand that. I'm not a fan of people that take it to the level of letting you know their every detail about it, making it feel like you went to the gym with them. Though to be fair, those people whose lives clearly revolve around one thing are kinda annoying, no matter what that thing might be.

Walking on wrong side of the footpath.

That, and people who walk straight at you even though they saw you coming from a mile away.

I don't like to touch cotton balls.

Hopefully your job doesn't involve that!

Ok, ok...I gotta post a second one (believe me, I could be on this post all day)

It drives me nuts when people ASSUME I celebrate xmas and THEN get their panties in a snot rag when you tell them you don't celebrate it! THEN, when I tell them I am not a christian they ASSUME I am an atheist, when I am mostly Buddhist, which is a "science of the mind, not a religion" so say's the Dalai Lama and I concur greatly cause live and breath the dharma.

Infomercials? Maybe?

JimG Level 8 Mar 27, 2018

But they're valuable sources of info! In a commercial!

@TheInfiniteChris that's why it's a ridiculous pet peeve. Well that, and when I fall asleep watching tv and wake up to some over exuberant, and probably high on cocaine, product spokesman screaming at me about shamwow.

I only Break Up once... No 2nd Chances. Only time I neglected the rule, I ended up getting married... That taught me a lesson, never again a second chance.

That seems to be a rule I've instated in the past few years, granted i haven't had many relationships in those years...but still. My time and tolerance for bullshit is very short, haha

@TheInfiniteChris There is no rebound in a splash.

Most ridiculous? When a car stops at a stop sign where the intersection to the street is it an angle, so the driver turns the wheel into the direction they want to go. This causes the front end of the vehicle to be stopped in a position partially overlapping the lane next to them. Yes, ridiculous, but it annoys me.

I've never experienced that before but other people's driving habits has its own list, haha

Drivers who stop waaaayyyy behind the car in front of them. Get a few people stopping 3 or 4 car lengths behind the car in front, and they can really take up some serious space, and they're slow to move once the light turns. Sometimes I have had to sit through 2 lights for that reason.

marga Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

That gets to me too. Whenever i see that and I'm close enough I'm always tempted to pull into the lane in front of them. I just want know what they would do, haha.

@TheInfiniteChris I've seen that happen....they did nothing.

When a group of people insist on ordering pizzas with the most jacked up combinations they can come up with, then proceed to eat all the pepperoni while leaving their pineapple or whatever shit nearly untouched.

Never fails. The pepperoni will be completely gone in 5 minutes, and there will be 5 boxes of shit that nobody eats, even though they HAD to have it.

It's a good thing I'm an equal opportunity pizza eater. No combo of toppings goes uneaten by me.

Try it, you'll like it.

I won't drink any cola but Pepsi.

I can understand that. Pepsi is great.

The so called word “conversate” . It’s not a word, people! Drives me out of my mind!

And the most unfortunate thing is that when/if it's used enough they'll just add it to the dictionary, like how "literally" now has a definition that basically means "figuratively".

People that bite the cuffs of their sweatshirts, pretty much any kind of cotton material. And talking during "First Blood"... Give John J some respect! Lol 😀

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.