Agnostic.com

19 3

Do you pop your knuckles and joints?

I used to when I was a teenager. I rarely do now. Only once or twice my back will need to be adjusted and it pops. I heard it doesn't do anything bad to your knuckles like all my teachers said it would. Although, a guy I knew just had a stroke from popping his neck all the time. I don't remember what it was called, what he had for popping his neck too much? Sometimes my legs will creak or pop if I bend down or pick something up. I'm getting old. Lol. Do you pop anything on your body?

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All the time! Specifically my neck and fingers.

It hurts me to do that now that I don't do it anymore. I used to be able to pop my jaw.

I crack my toes.

It's exhilarating

My toes are so skinny and small. My toe next to my big toe is taller than my big toe.

Occasionally

kuali Level 4 Mar 27, 2018

Ouch.

I go to a chiropractor

Cool.

Yeah, I pop everything. And probably because I apparently have rheumatoid arthritis, my rib joints sometimes ache and making them pop eases the discomfort.

Oh, wow.

My knees need to crack or pop. It's painful but relieves pressure.

My knuckles as well ... Which are probably destined for arthritis with typing all time.

Supposedly it's not adversely bad for you.

Gozer Level 4 Mar 26, 2018

It got too painful after not doing it all the time.

My elbows hurt if they don't pop. They hurt when they do pop. My knees sometimes sound like popcorn, and I intentionally crack my neck.

Ouch.

I do it without realizing it, then I look over and find my girlfriend cringing. She hates it.

I do too now.

Not much

Yes, knuckles don't bother me, past few years, shoulders have been making noises, past 2 months I can't use them, torn rotator cuffs. Not fun.

Yikes.

Good.

Rarely, I can only do some fingers

Oh, okay.

Well a doctor tried popping just one hand for 20 years and he did not notice any difference between the two but my daughter does it all the time and I tell her its dangerous. When she aks why I jokingly say " Its bloody anoying and I will break your hand if you continue " lol

Haha.

My fingers don’t really do it anymore, my toes, back, neck, knees all do it now.

Does it hurt a lot?

@Sarahroo29 yes, back and neck.

@Sarahroo29 not the popping. That’s feels good.

@NothinnXpreVails Oh, okay.

Yes ma'am

Fingers, wrists, neck, back, knees, hips, ankles, and toes. And you thought you were old ? lol

I lost the habit a few years ago.

My toes click so much that if I walk across a hard floor without shoes on it sounds like I'm wearing high heels - though I prefer to imagine it makes me sound like a velociraptor.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 26, 2018

Oh wow.

Yup. I can crack my knuckles just by clawing my fingers into a fist.

It does weaken your grip - because the ligaments gets more flexible. The "crack" that you hear is a gas that forms in the liquids around those ligaments getting popped elsewhere.

But it DOESN'T cause arthritis.

The science of cracking knuckles:

Hmmm... Interesting.

not that I know of

Good.

I rarely pop my knuckles. There's a student in one of my classes that likes to pop his knuckles all the time.

Ouch.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43733
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.