Agnostic.com

29 3

Is chivalry dead?

lbusche 7 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

chivalry assumes that males are the stronger sex I think. Females have to be cared for and protected.

Absolute Rubbish in my opinion.

It's a lot like religion. It's a bad idea that should have been left when and where it was created, medieval times.

well there are a number of customs that can be attributed to much earlier times. Society changes and context changes. 2nd amendment case in point. Why are making such a big deal out of an amendment that was created to allow american colonists to protect themselves against british soldiers

Chivalry and Religions have absolutely NOTHING in common since religion, for the major part equate the female gender as being far far beneath the that of the male ( see the Tenets of the Abrahamic Belief Systems) whereas Chivalric Behaviour is just a method of showing respect mainly for the females BUT also showing respect for Males as well.

@Triphid That's funny, you say they have NOTHING in common. Then you proceed to show precisely how they both want people to treat woman as inferior.

Only when she isn't worth it

Interesting. Just curious - what determines whether a woman is worthy of chivalry?

Sacho Panchez hangs on my Bedroom Wall.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.