Agnostic.com

32 12

Why do some men think women should be attracted because they are?

Apparently they think their innate sexual magnetism will stimulate me like an animal in heat.

Here's what usually happens. I arrive early at a restaurant, nicely dressed to honor the occasion. "Kathleen!" I hear. Turning, I recognize no one. My hot date suddenly aged 10 years and gained 60 lbs. He posted old photos. Liar.

Of course the men are attracted me. Sigh. The feeling is not mutual.

My heart sank when Dave stepped out of his car. Extremely short and fat with a huge belly and wild curly hair, he looked like a troll doll. He posted old photos.

As kindly as possible, I let Dave know I'm not attracted to him. He asked.

"Attraction is funny," I replied. "They call it chemistry: it's either there, or it's not. It's not."

"Some women are all over me," he protested. "I can't believe I drove all this way for nothing."

Legends in their own minds.

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lol...a man thinking that a woman "should" be attracted....is just not thinking rationally....

I wish to make it clear that the Dave in this story is not me.

Wishful thinking.

Living in un-reality.

That's why the face-to-face is so important - it's the only way to know if any sort of spark exists.
But then, even if it's there, powerfully so, no guarantee it will remain ...

Quoting him.... "I can't believe I drove all this way for nothing." He said he Drove. I would had said... "I walked from my home for the Honor and Pleasure to Meet You in Person"... He needs to learn to push the Right Buttons!!!! ...While being Truthful and Honest I may add.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get until you open it.

That what's wrong with my life! I've been eating all of them and then complaining some taste like crap.

@PondartIncbendog lol, good one, lol.

You would be surprised how often this happens to men also,A women finds you attractive but has 10 year old longer looking pic's that peak your interest ,you have nice conversations and want to meet and then when you do reality sets in this is not the person you envisioned unless there has been some online chemestry and you both lets say have the same warped humour or lifestyle in what ever way to make up for it. best just to meet for a quick coffee and then decide if dinner is the next step,but tough and a bit of emotional rolacoaster.

You darn well should have been turned off by the dishonesty.

MrDMC Level 7 Dec 15, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:438584
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.