Agnostic.com

7 6

LINK Hallmark Apologizes Amid Outcry, Will Allow Ads Featuring Same-Sex Wedding

“We are truly sorry for the hurt and disappointment this has caused,” the company’s CEO said Sunday.

They must have some whiplash by now.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are all fluff no substance so it figures

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 16, 2019

It's about the money. It is almost always about the money in these here United States of America.

I think companies are realizing that most people really don't care anymore. There are more people who just view this as another way to celebrate family...it has become so mainstream.

I think tattoos and colored hair used to get a lot of negativity and now, no one even thinks about them.

I don't watch the Hallmark channel only because I think it is a bit too sappy for me.

It's luke warm milquetoast and mushy..

@Charlene I think it sets up expectations that are far-fetched...woman loses husband and runs away to a ski lodge and just so happens to meet a man who is also lost his wife and they are perfect together in every way...sure...that happens a lot...

@thinktwice it happens to me whenever I go skiing..😀😀😀

Hallmark has always published pablum; it's surprising they tripped on a shoe.

That is very good news!
Hallmark is so mainstream. Their apology and their allowing the same-sex marriage ad back on TV is a major statement of acceptance engendering greater public awareness of how corporations should behave without bias.

It's as close to Wonder Bread as is humanly possible..

@Charlene Yes, Hallmark is that ... should have added they just increased public awareness of how corporations should behave without bias. Do not like Wonder Bread a bit, and rarely buy Hallmark.

Well, guess the super religious will just have to not watch Hallmark Channel. lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:438796
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.