Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Iowa Man Who Tore Down, Burned Church’s LGBTQ Flag Gets 15 Years In Prison

Wow. I don't think this punishment fits the crime. He stole a flag, took it to a stripclub, burned it outside on the street. Nothing else. No other property crime, no violence. That's it.

He admitted it was because he's anti-gay, due to God (of course.) His admission changed everything. From a misdemeanor theft, public intoxication, to felony hate crimes, felony arson, and his sentence is to be served consecutive. (Almost 17 years total.)

This is crazy. But! He's brown. Go figure.
😔

SeaGreenEyez 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Racist homophobic bigotry is a pecking order.....one tribe of Afghans will rape boys of another tribe while protecting the purity of both kinds of Muslim women......I know Cherokee members of the KKK proud of their Klan pocket knives on the job HATING ME for carrying my sign in the PRIDE MARCH " Atheists For CIVIL RIGHTS " Mexicans drink tequila and bash gays too for HaySOOS CREESTOAST also

This happened 4 blocks from my house on camera this jerk listens to Rrrruussshhah dingy Crazy GREEDY LIMPboss radio cult liar dittoheads on KASI AM RADIO ONE BLOCK from the WELCOMING CONGREGATION.....until people take seriously the need to BOYCOTT sponsors of all bigot businesses and religions IT IS A MIRACLE so few nutcases flick their BIC lighters on liberal banners anywhere

And he voted trumpolini

This demonstrates how dumb hate crime laws are, they are easily and all too often abused. This draconian sentence will just increase anger among the haters. He should have been sentenced to community service at some LGTB functions so he could actually learn something, not made into a martyr for the haters.

Haters will always find ways to justify their hate... The anti hate laws don't cause hate.. that's ridiculous...

I think it's appropriate... This hate has to stop.

The man has nervous twitches, he is clearly unwell, my guess is some form of autism.
The final paragraph of the article is most telling however, man of colour goes to prison for 15 years, catholic priest does exactly the same thing and is deal with by internal church discipline.

Perfect

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 20, 2019

The sentence does seem extreme, but on the other hand, hate crimes deserve a more harsh penalty.

I agree

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:440194
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.