Agnostic.com

30 14

Is Carlin right? Do you think the pile of sh*t is too deep?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Carlin was so observant and insightful that he was a self-taught expert on the human condition. He could have been the most brilliant sociologist ever. The real genius of Carlin though was his ability to communicate his observations and make one think whether his message was comedic or poignant, he presented it in the most profound manner.

JimG Level 8 Mar 26, 2018

@VictoriaNotes I think in the end he just didn't give a shit anymore.

@VictoriaNotes I would understand if he did, and it certainly sounds that way, but I think that even though he may have had some dark moments he probably also saw hope at times.

Love this man's words of wisdom. He was much more than just a comedien.

George Carlin was a philosopher. Used comedy to impart his message. But I have to find a smart phone that makes pancakes. That seems so practical.

He was absolutely right. About everything. Just saw a movie called Zietgeist. It was an explanation of all the world programming and they featured a brief commentary about God from Carlin. Funny and insightful

i saw that too

I feel like the lone wolf here. I think the pile of shit is deep but not so deep that something can't be done. Eternal Optimist? Yeah, I guess so, I just can't give up.

@VictoriaNotes. Thanks! It's good to know I'm not alone in my thinking. ?

"There is nothing quixotic or romantic in wanting to change the world. It is possible. It is the age-old vocation of all humanity. - Gioconda Bell

@jeffy Lovely, thank you.

Yes, "something " can be done, but not enough to preserve our "CULTURE", which is largely void of human values ! Corporate Police States don't worry about us, or humanity, or the planet. Individuals only can create their own world, as they would like it to be !

I'm with him. It is indeed a freak show.

Yes, it is too deep in more ways than one. I love Carlin btw, the first time I saw him blasting out curse words just blew me away and it took me awhile to understand what he actually said.
Now in my later years, I try to actually listen and I find him incredibly insightful.

I loved this guy. And he's absolutely right. "We gave it all up to superstition". And we let a few keep the power.

Do I sense a hint of anthropocentrism?

”They say if you scratch a cynic you’ll find a disappointed idealist” That is why I feel that being a realist is paramount (my cynicism is aimed mostly at the fanatical idealists)

Road rage, air rage. Why should I be forced to divide my rage into separate categories? To me, it’s just one big, everyday rage. I don’t have time for fine distinctions. I’m busy screaming at people.

George Carlin

Well it certainly has gotten a LOT deeper. I don't know if we can pull our boots out of it anymore.

Unfortunately..

I do Unless a real concerted effort is made by everyone not just one or two or even ten or twenty countries.
It needs to be a real global effort to have any effect whatsoever.

Yup, and way too profitable.

When the U.S.elected tRump it was the symptom of the fall of a once great society, which peaked, and is now headed down a very slippery slope. I'm optomistic that it can recover, but with so much greed I'm also a skeptic. I think the U.S. has to crash and burn to recover.... that's what, sadly, is needed.

Carlin was funny but kinda dark the last few years. We have to believe we can be better, the world can be better and trying helps. Stop looking in the past, look for a better way foreward. Believe in people, believe in yourself. Yes, you will find much disappointment, but only if you use other people to measure success will you find defeat. That child you fed smiled, that homeless man thanked you, that candidate you believed in won, hell, the kitchen you cleaned made you feel good. Progress is incremental.

Lets get rid of some power and vote them out this November.

George Carlin the voice of the people, I love him.

Jury's out. Dharma is my life preserver against drowning in existential dread.

I do believe he is right. Maybe the problem is folks get used to the smell.

I love his words. He was definitely more verbose than my self in that talk as I could just say we are currently witnessing infinite growth on a finite planet 🙂

Absolutely agree!!!! I believe "the wizards" behind the curtain are too rich and powerful to be taken down. We only think we are free, it's what "the powers that be" want you to believe..

George was a smart man.
Rock the boat

Yes.

It's pretty damn deep pile, yeah.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44034
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.