Agnostic.com

45 7

Is the era of men "wooing" or "Pursuing" over?

Do you think romance is really still alive? Where the man consciously pursues or woos a woman. I feel like if I am not trying to be the one in touch then it just doesn't happen.

• 24 votes
  • 28 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 10 votes
BibleBeltHell 4 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Time for women to start wooing.

Have a seat; you will get tired standing up. LOL

@DUCHESSA I'm not holding my breath.

/e chases BibleHeltHell down the hall shouting "WOO! WOO!"

NoI do not, but the provlem I see most of the time now is women don't respond to it. Or, maybe I just forgot... /shrug

Well, she won't respond if she is not interested.

Well, I'm not ugly, fat, stupid, lazy, violent, homeless or unemployed.... I was married for 29 years to the same women and I was faithfull to her so I do understand the word commitment, love, charishment and loyalty.... The last two girlfriends I had ended up being train wrecks.

But, I'm not giving up, I'm just not looking very hard now. She's out there and I will find her, or she will find me. I'm just one of those kinda guys that needs and big hint from a women letting me know she's into me. But when it's on then I spoil the hell out of them.

Absolutely.
Feel free to begin wooing in our place.

I'm tired of doing all the work

While, as a man, I feel there is such "bad press",ie. more women are graduating from 4yr colleges than men, about the behavior of males which may lead some of my gender to let the woman "lead", I think pursuing is not dead, yet. It may be in male DNA to dance the "war" dances, impregnate females, and belch and fart a lot.

Why oh why did I pursue?! Why did I then have to woo?! If only...

Well, at least I've got kids.

Well, I'm at a loss. I have no idea.

It's simply becoming more equal in who is doing the pursuing. As time passes you will see more women asking men out, until it is no longer thought of as being one gender's role to do it.

Really? Well, then, I will be drinking coffee alone forever since I will never ask a man out.

Do you really want it to be?

I think a lot of men are just shy and need some enouragement. Unfortunately there are a lot at the other extreme of the scale, who push too hard, too quickly.

Nowadays a man has to be afraid to even make a casual complement to a woman for fear she will take offense and go running to the police or HR.

It is coming to an end. Values have changed. The pursuer now has a lot of other things on the mind and to do.

I'm wooooooed out! Sadly, l used up all my woo.

I'll admit it is intimidating with the changes going on in dating. Sometimes i feel like i put more in that what i recieve. I guess it makes mr strange like a bit of being pursued. A bit of back and forth wooing. Its nice being made blush.

I had to vote nudes. It was the only one with a ?

Also, "NUDES?" is the correct answer.

I would prefer the women did meet me halfway in the "wooing" ritual. I've had women play hard to get then get upset because I didn't continue to speak to them. I don't want random bootycalls from classmates I didn't show interest in either so balance is key.

I take the honest, straightfoward approach. I make it clear to whomever I'm with that this is a pump, not a hand-holding, emotionally connective moment. I don't need to woo.

Since the 60s.

I generally do not chase. If you aren't interested, or want to be chased you aren't for me. I want
I like you and am attracted, I agree. The romance of chase is also the harassment of that cartoon skunk.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44040
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.