Agnostic.com

8 3

LINK Ghosts: Rational, legitimate study says 85% of gay people are possessed

LMAO...

I am wondering... just how does one quantify a ghost? I'd like to see someone try to do it.

snytiger6 9 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like bovine fecal matter to me. With a large touch of ignorance.

This is disgusting. Gay people are not "queer" and are not possessed by ghosts.

Not that funny.

Background on Pinknews organization since I've never heard of it before. No judgements, just background info:

PinkNews is a UK-based online newspaper marketed to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community (LGBT). It was founded by Benjamin Cohen in 2005 and covers politics, religion, entertainment, finance, and community news for the LGBT community in the UK and worldwide.[ The UK editor as of March 2015 is Nick Duffy.

The editorial stance of PinkNews is not to campaign in a partisan manner, though they do interview politicians and have a pro-LGBT stance. PinkNews does not endorse political parties in elections, but in previous elections has endorsed individual politicians regardless of party "based on their stance on gay rights issues." To date PinkNews has published articles by 5 British Prime Ministers: John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown,David Cameron, and Theresa May. PinkNews has also interviewed other political figures in the United Kingdom, including Boris Johnson, Nick Clegg, and Jeremy Corban who has written for the psper.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Sounds UNlegit...who funded it, Pence & friends?

That's a gem for sure.

1of5 Level 8 Dec 22, 2019

oh, there's a lot more to it than this but yeah it IS kind of funny.

I've spent the last 10 years or so "deciphering" the primary upanishads and the 4 vedas from which they sprang. The upanishads are like gems of philosophical wisdom derived from earlier portions of the associated veda that deal primarily with actions and stories. Kinda like if the christian bible has a separate chapter at the end that tried to explain all the philosophical concepts addressed within the rest of the book.

I had to go BACK to those upanishads (written thousands of years ago) because the more current texts that described the heuristic concepts all suffer from the same type of errors you see in this "study". I had to go back to sanskrit and read/interpret it myself instead of using modern translations. The reason being that those translations and views are based on the same wacky views of "science" as used by the study cited here. It is the physical science understanding of the Hindus and compared to western science it is very outdated in several respects. They even use the daily practice pacamaharajna analysis of karma yoga which is the entire rationale behind the Hindu view. Unfortunately the rest of their analysis is based on a complete misunderstanding of rebirth. So they have a skewed view of a skewed view.

The original analysis for sattvik karma was merely a reference to the daily actions one must take to counter negative karma from influencing rebirth. It was all pure speculation derived back in like 800 AD by the author of the Vivakachudamani (believed to be Adi Shankara). Today (in the west) we base our science on understanding the processes. Back then they organized and explained by cause and effect. Thus their explanations are often WAYYYY off (usually actually), but they DO have better and older cause and effect relationships to examine. You have to do your own "discrimination" to reveal the truth from the chaff. Which is, of course, the entire purpose of the Vivakachudamani ... discriminating between the real and the illusory.

Here is the "analysis" from the original study. It's not really about ghosts. But you can take from it what you wish. The only people who believe rubbish like this are those without an education. Hindus are not like christians in that regard - we tend to update our knowledge and beliefs. Both the Buddha as well as the Mahabharata persist that beliefs and views must update as man grows. As the 9th avatar of Vishnu this ties the Buddhist views to Sanatan dharma (modern "Hinduism" ) and all vedic beliefs. I filter these things out to discover the ancient message intended.

Was the study conducted by people who are in an insane asylum? Next study: What does the color 9 smell like? 🙆♀️

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:441215
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.