Agnostic.com

8 1

Space for solitude

Where is your favorite place to spend time alone? How does that place provide what you need?

RoadGoddess 7 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my combo bedroom/livingroom listening to music through my 70's era 2-channel stereo system.

Either my bedroom or driving.
Bedroom, I can relax in my adjustable bed, reading, play guitar, computer time or watch tv. Many times, go to sleep / sleep early.
Driving relaxes me....I guess it's the control of my environment ( in the vehicle, not out) and the pedals and switches that relaxes me

twill Level 7 Dec 25, 2019

There's a hiking trail near here that leads to several overlooks of the area. The physical exercise and beautiful views manage to take me out of my head for a while. Otherwise, I like to get in my car, put some tunes in the CD player (type of music depends on my mood, ranging from old-timey mountain music to Dylan to hard-core metal), and drive the back roads. Has to be the back roads because the interstate just further tenses me up

Wandering the streets of Manhattan. There is something wonderful about being completely surrounded by everything, but at the same time being completely anonymous and alone in the crowd.

I'm just another object, seen but not noticed - just like everyone else around me. And then you never know when adventure will find you!

I don't mind being Alone alone, but that feels too much like moody brooding for me - need activities!

home really as i live alone and i have made it a place for me

I live alone, but strangely that does not seem to provide solitude as such. So my garden and walking in the country do it for me.

Bedroom I live alone

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 24, 2019

My home. It has all of my stuff. Every once in awhile I like to go for a ride in the country. I do some of my best thinking while driving.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:441653
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.