Agnostic.com

6 0

Marriage

Why do people get married? Is it necessary? Mention, if yes?

Laxmiputrasiva 2 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

family expectations. Totally irrelevent in this culture. That said my daughter is getting married next year, I really thought she would avoid it. She is gay and my ex has a problem with it, I have a problem with my ex. Part of me thinks my daughter is pushing marriage to make a point to her mother. But as long as she and her partner are happy and it is what they want. I am all for it.

Security, financial and emotional, also social pressures, family ties...I was married twice...NO third time for me....no way.

It's legal protection, gets them on your insurance, lets you sleep in the same room with them when visiting all relatives, you can visit them in the hospital, and you can get SS benefits.

Only for tax purposes

If you are going to have children - best to get married - children after marriage best.

It's really not necessary. It's just a legal means of collecting fees on interpersonal relationships.

?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.