Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Chinese Restaurants Are Closing. That’s a Good Thing, the Owners Say.

The share of Chinese restaurants has fallen in metro areas across the country in the last five years. Many owners are glad their children won’t be taking over.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I still like chinese ..

Restaurants of any kind are 80+ hour workweeks, bribable health inspectors, cheating suppliers, lazy no-show employees who steal from you. And an 80% fail rate within 5 years across all types of eateries. Why Would anybody wish that on their kids?

Ummm not true about employees, more like 2% lazy, .05% thieves..I ran multiple kitchens in 18 years working in that business. I only fired 1 for theft,2 for not being right for the job, 2 for being continuously being late and 1 for sexual harassment. I never met a bribable health inspector, not once. If your restaurant survived till your kids are adults is an admirable feat unto itself..

@Charlene my very first job, the trainer left before the customers, the busboy approached & told me we should split the tip & tell her they didn't leave one....maybe it was a test? But it made me feel all creepy. Cases of steaks & crab & shrimp went out the backdoor whenever the owner wasn't there, sometimes even if only in closed-door office in Every place I ever worked. Never fired, never late, never lazy but quit twice...once to avoid sitting on the cooks lap, once because the female manager slapped me when I tried to take the coffee pot to a table, we had been unexpectedly visited by 2 buses, and were totally overwhelmed...but she wanted the coffee for herself...what a great manager! I had a catering business, and although I never bribed an inspector, heard plenty of hints & nasty attitudes after no $$ appeared...luckily my OCD attitude/ compliance kept them from finding anything major!

Well that sucks..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:442384
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.