Agnostic.com

10 14

Trump's base of support continues to erode. Yay!

Donald Trump's base of support continues to be much more tenuous than conventional wisdom suggests. While no one knows exactly how impeachment will play next November and what might transpire between now and then, Trump voters are more iffy about him than anyone ever lets on.

From a December poll on how sure voters are about their support for Trump:

• Support Trump, won't change: 30%
  • Support Trump, could change later: 14%
  • Neither support nor oppose Trump: 3%
  • Oppose Trump, could change later: 5%
  • Oppose Trump, won't change: 48%
  • Unsure: 0%

Two things jump out about those numbers immediately:

1. 14% of Trump supporters are open to changing their mind about him;
  2. stalwart opposition to Trump registers nearly 20 points higher than diehard support for him.

Additionally, Trump's growth opportunities are minimal since literally 0% are unsure about him and only 8% seem tepidly open to supporting him.

Again, we're still a long way from the election, but polls throughout 2019 have continued to demonstrate just how hardened voter opposition is to Trump.

So the next time you see Trump spewing absolutely repulsive things at a raucous rally, just remember that only about a third of the country is 100% committed to his reelection.

Civiqs did the poll of 1417 registered voters in the United States from December 7-11, 2019.

[dailykos.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This tiny poll was conducted with less than 30 persons per state BEFORE Pelosi announced she would not conduct the impeachment trial in the SENATE.....making it obvious to voters Democrats are protecting Biden family bribes taken instead of proving TrumpOLINI wrongdoing

I want a real honest President www.howiehawkins.us peace through Green jobs

They are losing more teeth daily. And will soon be crawling back under the rugs they were spawned under!

Latest Politico poll shows 51% approves of trump's impeachment and removal and 42% disapproves.

I hear these statistics espoused all the time but there is no real context or explanation of them.

@dalefvictor

Beats me why idiots support that lying sack of shit.

Even the sad sacks placed behind him at the rallys look perplexed … and I suspect most of them were born that way. If & when it happens -- I envision Republicans falling over each other to denounce this freak. Until then, they continue to show themselves as the liars and hypocrites they are..

Varn Level 8 Dec 26, 2019

Even 30% is way more than it should be.

Population wise he did not win the election. So the real question is are there enough people who will vote against him. If he has thirty percent of the voting people then all we have to do is make sure more than that vote. Of course, this is asking a lot of people.

@dalefvictor The biggest reason he won was that far to few people even voted. Many thought Hillary was in the bag and were upset the Bernie didn't get the nomination so they stayed home. If these people had voted I believe the number difference would have been too high to ignore. Even tRump and his ilk were surprised.

Maybe there is hope that the United States is not going down hill.

MrDMC Level 7 Dec 26, 2019

Let's keep in mind that dailykos.com is a left leaning partisan site. Not exactly unbiased or reliable. From everything I've seen, his support has actually gone up since impeachment, unfortunately.

@RoboGraham

Stop listening to compulsive liar Trump.

Civiqs did the poll of 1417 registered voters in the United States from December 7-11, 2019.

@LiterateHiker I didn't hear it from Trump, I don't believe a word that comes out of criminals mouth.

@LiterateHiker If you look at the numbers, his approval rating was declining until October then it began to climb again. The impeachment inquiry began in September.

According to Gallop, he was at 39% in early October. Now he is at 45%.
realclearpolitics had him at 41% in October and 44.5% now.
According to The Hill, Trump's approval rating has increased 6% since impeachment began.

I don't say this because I like Trump or just to be argumentative. It is important to see things as they are. As it was for Bill Clinton, impeachment is helping Trump politically and those of us who oppose him need to recognize that.

If true good to hear

And I thought it is b/c I'm Canadian.

Great

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 26, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:442659
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.