Agnostic.com

16 3

It's hard for me to understand how some people are able to sleep in until at least 11am-1 pm.

I've always been an early riser, ever since I was really young. It started when I started going to school. I go to bed between 8-9 pm every night and I'm always up before 7 am now. When I hear people can sleep in, I feel a little bit jealous. I don't need a lot of sleep. I'm very active every day and I don't need naps. I get worn out early in the night and it's also because my medications knock me out by 8- 8:30 pm. They day is wasted IMO if people sleep until 12 pm. Some people need more sleep than others. I'm just one that doesn't need that much sleep.

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The average person needs 8 hours sleep per day. However, I pride myself on being above average in all things, which is why I require 18! 🙂

Damn.

Depends what I've been doing. A day at the computer might mean 4 to 5 hours sleep. A day doing heavy work and training or dance can knock me out for twelve or more.

Oh, okay.

My grandfather used to say, "You can't soar with the eagles during the day if you're busy hootin' with the owls all night". Now that's just good farmboy philosophy🙂

Yes.

I have never been a "morning person". I used to stay over someone's house and every time I woke up I wanted to strangle her. She had that wide eyed face and smile and would say, "GOOD MORNING!!!". I don't like being bothered as soon as I wake up. When I was in college during one summer, my ex and I used to go to bed at like 9am and wake up at like 5pm when there was no school. I'm a night owl for the most part. If it wasn't for work or other responsibilities over the years, I would probably wake up at 11am every day of my life.

Wow.

Some people are "rode hard and put up wet" and others are just night owls who sleep in.

Yes.

I used to be a night owl that stayed up late writing music. Most of my ideas came at night. As a result, sometimes I slept late to make up for it (though you never catch up...lol) Now I work 10 -12 hours; 5 - 6 days a week, and sometimes sleep late to recuperate..lol

I'm tired now.

It is natural for people to go through changes as far as their sleeping habits. Life is short, don't sleep it away nor be jealous of people who do.

Yep.

IfI'm up till 3:00 am and there is no sun in the am I can get up-go to bathroom-goback to bed till 11 or later. Once in a while.

Dang!

Chill young Lady and don't worry about those who stay up all night or sleep until the whatever hours of the day. Lots to talk about and to address those who work night jobs or work in stress related jobs and need extra time at the end of their day to Chill. These people do not take meds and so their lives are more unaltered by this factor.
I would sometimes work 10-12 hrs work days of extensive physical labor and would have to travel for another hour to go home at which time I would consume like 4 beers go to sleep without my head hitting the pillow and wake up two minutes before my alarm went off. It was called body time and I never realized how it is the most accurate mind blowing experience you could ever experience. Was it the need to pee after drinking the beer that woke me up was not there because it was always like ten minutes before my alarm went off. If you get four hours of real deep sleep then your good for a healthy next adventure . Yes I slept on the train in on the way into work but I always made the train and rarely needed my alarm to wake me but at time it did bring me around. I could never do this if I was taking any medications and would think that any one else could. Medications will alter your whole live style in many ways.

That's nice.

I go to bed between 2 - 3 in the morning and get up between 9 - 11. The early worm gets eaten by the bird.

Lol.

They probably feel the same about you.

Pretty much. I don't understand how people can pop out of bed so disturbingly early.

I used to be a night owl till 5 years ago and for medical reasons, I had to give up cannabis then and a month later I was just waking up at 6 am and going to bed early and it's not something I made any effort to do, it just happened. I've never been able to just lye there awake.

Sometimes I’ll sleep until noon or 1:00. But then I don’t have regular hours. Some nights I’ll go to be at two or three in the morning because I’m working on a project. Other times, I’ll go to bed early, but end up waking up in the middle of the night, and so I find myself up for a while. Almost every day I wake up between six and eight, but rarely get up. I usually end up trying for a couple more hours. On average I’m up by eleven...

Cool.

I work from 3p to 11p and then have an hour drive home so I get home at midnight then after work I relax and play games, maybe do laundry, so I don't get to bed until 3am or so. Then I wake up at 11a. If I have had a particularly painful day the day before and I'm not working I can sleep until 230 pm. I've slept for over 15 hours before, just because I had little sleep and a long painful day.

That's the fun part of my disorder. The not fun part is I also suffer from periods of severe insomnia

However I've always since my birth been a night owl. I sleep best when the sun is up

Not me. I like it dark.

It all depend with me. I love morning and always wake the sun. Some nights I'm out cold by 10:30p most other nights it's around 2a. Sometimes i don't sleep for about four days. I just can't.

I'm sorry.

Depends on when you go to bed.

Yep.

if i have sleep deprivation, then i can sleep in until noon

Cool.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44354
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.