Agnostic.com

8 0

In your experience, when discussing religion with a believer, what's the most common thing they say when they realize they don't have an answer?

MatthewHammond 2 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

With older people it’s the old “mysterious ways” thing. Younger people who are cocky try to attack the messenger and the rest usually just go quiet.

gearl Level 8 Nov 21, 2017

They say God gave us free will when I ask why a God would allow all of this human folly and destruction .My simple reply is ,if he was all knowing why would he not know the consequences of giving free will to stupid human beings .They never can answer this.

After some stammering, they usually just ask if I'm into bondage.

I don't think those are christians, lol

It's not one that I hear all the time, but the one that makes me groan the most is "I rather believe in (insert topic here) than go to hell. I then tell them that it's a good thing I don't believe in hell. They usually walk away after that.

God works in mysterious ways.

~Elwood J. Blues

In most cases, it is not worth the effort to discuss religion with a believer. You cannot reason with a person whose beliefs are irrational.

Exactly

First I try to avoid these conversations if I can in person.
It's God's will.
It's beyond our knowledge, our feeble minds can't comprehend God's motivations.
It's in the bible so it must be true.

Wahahahahahahahahahahahaha. One single word. Jayzussss jayzussss jayzussss!!!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4437
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.