Agnostic.com

5 1

Since I returned from India this past December I have been doing more and more cooking on my own. I've been getting pretty good at it too.The first dish I remember making was a ratatouille casserole which required roasting as well as stove top cooking followed by baking. After I would make more intricate meals, like a shrimp etouffee and so forth. Then I settled on pasta, any pasta dish I became good at (stir fry spaghetti with homemade sauce and homemade meatballs etc). Yesterday I tried making an Irish lamb stew, and it tasted great! What are your favourite dishes you have made or have eaten?

VinEet 3 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Favorites of mine I've made or make as comfort food, in order of complexity:

Beef Stroganoff (complicated+time consuming but when done right great even cold)
Filet mignon in merlot sauce (complicated+time consuming)
TG turkey (my secret)
turkey burgers with maple syrup, bacon & zingy sauce
"Garbage" chicken(red onion chunks, mushroom chunks, never enough garlic toes, chopped potato, bell pepper, coated in olive oil, S/P & thyme)
Encrusted pork chops(garlic mixed in breadcrumbs w/thyme & a smidge of rosemary)
"Candy" salmon/ Candy chicken (garlic, frozen then squeezed+shredded ginger root, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, green onions to taste) Go easy on soy, easier to have less than fix too much of it...
Turkey(or chicken) bone soup(EASY AF)
Leek/potato soup with dill
Poached cod, pollock, whitefish (milk + sliced comparis + lemon/pepper seasoning)
waffles out of a box 😉

With all that I did get burned out cooking to please a picky eater, doing 20 things to a chicken just to have it covered in bar b que sauce gets to you after awhile.

Easy stroganoff: cook a pound of ground beef and sauté an onion, stir in a box of cream cheese and can of mushroom soup, add pepper, mix in a box of cooked pasta (any shape). Adjust recipe to your tastes for future makes. Good for camping or quick meal.

I cook A LOT this week is my equivalent super bowl in the kitchen.

there are lots of rats in bombay

I am italian and I make a homemade tomato sauce that no one can match .This is my opinion of course.I also like to make unusual recipes.Tonight I made a mushroom ragu over spaghetti consisting of chestnuts ,mushrooms,shallots,garlic,tomato paste fresh thyme,butter and finished of with freshly grated Parmesan cheese .Me and my daughter Could not stop eating it.

Curries from my travels in South East Asia.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4450
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.