Agnostic.com

10 14

Fake News Might Have Just Stopped a War

"On Tuesday night, many of us participated in the odd and quintessentially Trump-era ritual of watching a geopolitical crisis unfold in real time on Twitter. A retaliatory Iranian missile strike seemed at first like the beginning of a full-scale shooting war, but it quickly became apparent that the damage was limited and that this may have been an “off-ramp” allowing both sides to de-escalate.

"As usual, along with breaking news and statements from officials, there was an awful lot of dubious analysis, propaganda, and complete nonsense."

Trump is dangerously reckless and impulsive. A loudmouth braggart, constant liar and bully.

Vote Republicans out of office!

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, a fake president started it.

I understood that the leaders of Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Qatar, and Arabia were going to be getting together to discuss oil exports to China. Seems the US has basically left the building and China is where the party is going to be happening. Trade would be done in money other than the US dollar. The US cannot have this as it would seed their leadership in oil to other parties. I am trying to remember where I saw this but it was from a source that is reputable as I try to source everything in this world of fake news and propaganda.

We can thank the Iranians for acting like adults and recognizing a child.
They acted with restraint and judgement.

It's far from over.
The Iranian "proxies" are unpredictable. Evidently, Soleimani spent considerable
time running back and forth among them, trying to keep them in line.
Now that he's gone, there is no one to keep them in check and they have no
compunction about hitting American targets.
Yet another 45 mistake.
That stupid piece of shit doesn't think things through to their logical conclusions.

True the global war crime profiteering zionism will continue on the same path of ReaGUN 1982....Borrow the trillions$ cut taxes and keep endless wars going for hawkish voters both corrupt parties can claim and blame against and for one another.....xian and jewish voters get their hero violently worshipped Clinton and ObushaObombney put in their 16 years of blood for oil so did 45, 43, 41 and 40 but blame Eisenhower for starting the war against Iran for ARAMCO 1953

And apparently, the adults have left his room...

The only thing that prevented an all out war was thinking men in Iran and a cowardly child man in Washington. Fortunately for the world the leaders in Iran not only know how to play the game they are engaged in with the United States they know how to war a limited war against and insane adversary. Trumps weaknesses aren't that hard to understand, the Russians, Chinese, and North Koreans have been exploiting them since his election. The Iranians launched large strikes that where close enough to US forces to do damage to equipment yet result in no casualties. Saving face without escalating, at the same time showing that had they truly desired to, they could have inflicted great damage. They know full well Trump really wants nothing more than to take attention off his impeachment trial and appear to look like the great warrior leader he will never be. Trump gets to claim whatever victory he wants but at the same time has been shown that if he has thought far enough ahead to actually have a next move, whatever it will be will have a cost he doesn't have the guts to pay. His killing of their general has turned allies in the region against him and support internationally he can't afford to loose. In his childlike mind he may imagine he's won a great victory worthy of cheering crowds while in reality he's shown the world he's more deluded and unhinged than anyone ever imagined.

iran does have its own domestic issues going on. tensions between the people who are quite progressive and a stick in the mud theocratic leadership with a tight grip are increasing.

@hankster One of the major though probably short term results of the assassination did was to unify those widely separated groups into one with a united hatred for Donald Trump and America, not unlike the unity that occurred in America after the 9-11 attacks. For the short term at least the Iranian people have a reason to rally around their flag and focus on a single easy target the United States,

@hankster I wonder whether that is so though or is it something the US media has made up?

@Jolanta i think its pretty real. there have been protests and arrests i thought.

[nytimes.com]

@hankster Who do you think is 'funding' it?

@Jolanta idk.

@hankster So you just say whatever comes to your mind without looking into it then.

@Jolanta not if I don't see a need to. I'm not one of those atheist scientific evidence freaks.

@Jolanta I ain't gotta prove Jack to nobody. everybody's all hung up on proof. everybody wants to be the critical scientist. that is a joke. if you don't want to listen to me please don't. please don't ask me questions then turn around and criticize the way I answer. I'm not here to satisfy your curiosity or to meet some standard you have about your information.

@hankster Nobb.

@Jolanta I don't know what that means.

@Jolanta did I do something to get on your bad side?

I agree fully but they are still using propaganda to get this war going.

I am happy i rarely listen to the news,, makes for a less stressful life

Holy shit

What did ‘fox entertainment’ tell their boy to do?

Varn Level 8 Jan 9, 2020

drink jack and gulp nyquil by the looks of it.

it's all just a show. just a sideshow of carnies but still.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:447607
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.