Agnostic.com

8 6

Black Britons Know Why Meghan Markle Wants Out

A wise and insightful article.

[msn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good little comparison of headline coverage between royal pampered ass A and B.

[buzzfeednews.com]

1of5 Level 8 Jan 14, 2020

Easy to see why they want out. Being a royal is a very restrictive life, few are really cut out for the role.

Who is Meghan Markle?

@RoboGraham

Where planet are you on?

American actress Meghan Markle married British Prince Harry in 2018. They have one child.

Meghan Markle is biracial. She has suffered relentless racist backlash in the British press.

Racist UK royalISTS acting out against California girl marries and breeds with a brit..... so what kind of job besides cook book author is this busy young mom going to get back in USA ? IS the baby dad going to sell used Land Rovers or new JagUars ? Welcome back home Meghan ....sorry Oprah does not sell in London

Great to see they are heading out on a new adventure in life and charting their own course that they are comfortable with, good for them ,an option we all have if we wished to pursue it

It's a brave new world for them. I wish them the best.

Long live the Republic!
From my experience, people here don't see Meghan as black. We have a smaller anti black profile compared with America's history. That is not to say that there isn't racism here. Indeed against Muslims and Eastern Europeans it can be quite rife.
I observe there is more of clash of fame fashion at work. Meg has entered a different world from that in which she came from. A very close environment full of rules. Harry has experienced war and common people, add to that he is a spare prince. Observe their body language, they are deeply in love and I think would be better off as more independent people. However they are trapped in the Royal family, and that is for life.
I suggest she stays away from tunnels and always use a seatbelt.

I'd thought that as well about the limitations she must surely be chafing from. Counter that with him only being, what, 6th in line for the throne? It would make for a stressful and vacuous life for them. She's perhaps disliked as much for being American as for being black, but I don't think it's as big an issue as it's portrayed. She can no doubt make more money on her own to support them, and with a lot fewer restrictions.

@Lauren I'm in line to the throne too! But I think a few hundred thousand may have get out of the way first! Last Royal in my line was Charles II allegedly.

@Sofabeast That's pretty cool! Well, I guess knocking Harry out of line brings you one step closer. 🙂

Archaic symbols of an age best left in the dust. Good for them.

1of5 Level 8 Jan 10, 2020

I think it shows that they are a very bright couple . Good for them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:447906
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.