Agnostic.com

13 31

Wolf Moon at first light this morning.

In January, amid the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Native American villages. Thus, the villagers began calling January’s full moon the wolf moon.

Last week was so warm, all of the snow melted in Wenatchee, WA. Weeping willow trees sprouted pale yellow leaves, fooled into thinking it was Spring. Next week's day temperatures will drop to single digits. No hiking for me. With the insulating capacity of a grasshopper, I'm prone to hypothermia.

After yesterday's snowstorm, we have blue skies today! Photo was taken from my kitchen window looking west.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beautiful view

Gorgeous! I saw it during a late-night walk Thursday in a clear sky - love the magic of that.

So pretty ! It was a frosty 3 degrees this morning on my deck in Omaha but was warmed up nicely today.

Ohub Level 7 Jan 11, 2020

Beautiful. I saw the setting (1-day before) full moon. It was a very, very pale peach

CS60 Level 7 Jan 11, 2020

What's all that white stuff?

@mischl

Snow, silly!

@LiterateHiker Ahah, I KNEW it. Are you aware that "snow" is a four-letter word?

@mischl So is rain.

You scared me. I thought you found a Wolf Man. 🙂

What a view

@TonyGriffiths1

I feel lucky to have a view of different Cascade Mountain foothills from every window.

In the Spring, foothills are covered with green grasses and wildflowers. My favorite time of year.

@LiterateHiker your very lucky I live in city
Love getting out into countryside .

Awesome picture!

That could be a painting

Beautiful and brrr! Or maybe Grrr!

My dogs and I were still, watching this morning. There were literal ''moon shadows."

Did you howl at it?

@gemini1947. I still do...

@Bigwavedave Me too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:448211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.