Agnostic.com

5 8

Making progress on the vest I'm sewing.

Today I pinned in the lining to see if it fits. Yay! Perfect.

As you can see from photo #2, the vest was way too short. So, I added a 3-1/2" band at the bottom. (The suede nap is roughed up from extensive handling. There's no future in brushing it down at this point.)

The instructions call for sewing together the lining and vest at the bottom. No way. That would ruin the drape.

Instead, I will loosely tack the lining at the shoulders and underarms. Will hem the lining and vest separately.

The fabric is washable suede. Nice and warm. Now the vest covers my lower back.

How does the band look so far? Do you like it?

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Looks good, keep us posted on your progress.

It looks great. Thats one heck of a miniskirt.

The band looks excellent nicely accents the vest

@RoyMillar

Thank you so much.

Your so very welcome..rightly deserved

This is a Halloween costume I made. I used cheap buttons and they break the thread so it is currently missing one hahahahahahaha. The lining matches the outer placket so it may be difficult to see the details in the photo.

MizJ Level 8 Jan 13, 2020

Oftentimes there will about a half inch of extra fabric that falls in the lining and forms a bit of a fold for wearing ease.

MizJ Level 8 Jan 13, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:448998
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.