Agnostic.com

8 0

How do you express gratitude for the people, things, and experiences you've had in life?

Firebug916 5 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks 🙂

I think telling people directly how their act helped me or improved my life. Being really open and honest is vital.

Acknowledge them as they happen. Thank people. Share experiences.

I make sure the people who've given me something to be grateful for know that I am grateful by thanking them directly. As far as things and experiences, I feel an inner gratitude is sufficient to appease any anxiety I might have towards not being grateful for being fortunate.

SamL Level 7 Mar 28, 2018

I express that gratitude directly whenever possible, in proportion to the benefit, if that makes sense.

By saying thank you or a hug or maybe a present or all three

Not enough I suppose

I try with actions after a "thanks". Eg a small box of desk flowers, or lunch outs, etc.

Most of my thanks are followed by, even at the least, a round of drinks on me next time we're at a pub - regardless of time elapsed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45073
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.