Agnostic.com

4 4

Do you want to know where your "soul" exists?

Because I can tell you how to find it. Here ya go:

1. smoke some weed
  2. get comfortable. loose clothing. medium temp. dark. silent.
  3. pick a single object and focus.
  4. when you remove the emotions and thoughts and sensations and find a moment of absolute nothing. bliss. hold it. thats you. you do exist aside from all this other bullshit.
JeffMesser 8 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"smoke some weed"
Ah right okay

Wow

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 21, 2020

I remember the 1960s so I suppose that I wasn't participating.

However about 6 years ago on a lark my wife and i flew to Colorado, bought some weed and smoked it.

I don't see what the big deal is, and my wife, who is way more "street" than I'll ever be, claims it didn't impress her nearly as much as it did when she was young.

My face felt oddly drawn and I was more talkative, but that was about it.

We drove home with some of it and I experimented some more, but my wife ended up using it for medicinal purposes and I haven't touched it in a very long time.

I wonder if some people just aren't constitutionally that susceptible.

you guys are apparently superheroes. so much physically superior to the rest of us.

@JeffMesser Lol. I hardly think so. I just think weed impacts people very differently and I have read that modern weed is rather different (typically way more potent, though, which runs counter to our experience). We probably just weren't doing it right somehow.

In her youth my wife did weed, cocaine, and speed, though never enough to get addicted and she tended to see it as a worthwhile mind-expanding experience to have a few times and that's it. I on the other hand was a rural fundamentalist who had not so much as a beer. I don't like the out of control feels I get from liquor anyway, so it's no great loss ... but everyone's different and I certainly don't judge people who like weed or whatever. Indeed, our experiment reflected curiosity about what it's like to have those experiences.

"Anyone who remembers the 60's, probably wasn't there"

Robin Williams

😛

I love to do that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:451759
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.