Agnostic.com

19 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised. This is what happens when humanity submits to anger, fear, ignorance, and superstition. In the short span of only 3 years, all of the social and scientific progress gained over the past 50 years has been negated. We as a nation have been whisked from the first quarter of the 21st century and dropped back into the middle of the 20th century. Our society has lost the ability to distinguish lies from truth.

Trump apparently does not agree with separation of church and state. Pence is an idiot.

And remember who it was that put Pence into Congress.

@PedalingOn To answer your question: it was the people that voted for him. Is that explicit enough for you?

@PedalingOn Goodbye.

@PedalingOn I am sorry but I just can't trust anyone that says God talks to him.

And, exactly WHO is responsible for not only creating demons, but for allowing them and the Satan free reign on the earth? Oh, yes--their god. So, even if this were the case, demons causing homosexuality, their god would be ultimately responsible.

It's all a bunch of BS; but it is so frustrating that these hate-filled nut jobs, cannot, or will not, follow their ridiculous ideas to their logical conclusions.

So Satan isn't capable of creating demons?

@bingst
Seriously?

@Eazyduzzit Actually, yes, but in the same sense of asking about a mythology.

@bingst Even if Satan created the demons; and there isn't anything in Christian mythology that suggests this, their god created the Satan--and supposedly did so knowing exactly what he would turn out to be.

I haven't read the article but I think the concept comes from scriptures like this from Romans Chapter 1:

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

It's a curious but unpleasant understanding of human evolution. For Christians, I guess human history is a devolution from perfection in the supposed Garden.

What is religion's fascination with sex? I don't get it. Every living creature on Earth has sex in some fashion. In the fanatical religious world, sex is way overrated.

My only guess is that religion expresses an embarrassment and shame of our animal parts which many people relate to. It has no choice but to accept heterosexual intercourse because it ensures survival but that's as far as its rationality will go to accommodate the body's sexual demands.

The only demonic spirit around is Donald Trump!

I'm sorry, but how is this in the least surprising?

Are you unaware the Pence is an evangelical?
That evangelicals actually believe in actual demons, spirits, and fallen angels who actually go about the Earth causing everything they do not understand?
That Evangelicals see homosexuality as the work of the Devil?

How is the fact that they still see and speak of the world in such terms at all surprising?
How is it a 'fresh outrage" when they have held that same position all along?

Do you think we don't know how bigoted those views are?
Why does the article present this as some new threat to the LGBTQ community when it is the same threat, the same rhetoric used since before we were born?
Why does the article ignore the fact that the White House broadcasts religion? That is just a passing mention, but the content of that broadcast is the focus. I think it ought to be the other way round.

WHY give those assholes any bandwidth at all?

I agree. I think the White House promoting religion is the bigger problem. It seems as though injecting religion into the Executive branch gets a free pass.

Need to add a "makes me sick" emoji here for crap like this.

We used to have one.

They used to have one, but they took it out.

The whole administration is vile

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 23, 2020

Jesus we need that actress from GoTs yelling out 'Shame! Shame! Shame!' - Maybe ringing that bell too? These idgits have none!

I would love to take a break from women, but I just can't get attracted to guys. Is there someway I can invite these demons into me?

🤣🤣

"Demonic Spirit" named Pence? When one lives inside the bubble of a delusion, one can believe in all sorts of shit!

Impeachment has many side effects.

Mike Pence is blind to his own prejudice and idiocy.

I'm afraid it may be necessary to burn the White House to the ground after Shitler is removed. If he ever leaves. Fumigation won't be enough.

@maturin1919 From a symbolic perspective, I'd like to see it done by Americans. It should be filled to the rafters with republicon senators. I'm not saying burn them alive - they could be injected with lethal doses of synthetic opiates.

The Dark Ages are never far away.

like folks here always observe... it's just the religious living and letting live. i guess that what they are doing isn't interfering in my life, so why should i care? since it was streamed by the white house i feel like i have a right to care... but since i should live and let live, i'll not rant. or waste my time with it.

Then Chump is now 150% gay? Maybe that’s why he’s not grabbing pu$$y’s anymore....

That's the Fucked-up Idiot demon, not the Gay demon.😛

What in the actual fuck!?!?!?!!!!!

Pence must be removed immediately. He cannot be allowed to ascend
to the presidency, under ANY circumstances.

totally agree

Remove on what basis? We can't get Trump removed for something that's not ideological and is factually established self-dealing. This can be dismissed here in the upside-down as freedom of religion. I'm not agreeing with it; I just don't see how to do anything about it in this environment other than a two-pronged strategy of damaging Trump politically as much as possible and then electing almost anybody else but preferably not another soft-core corrupt politician either. And one problem at a time. If Trump by some miracle is convicted by the Senate, we just have to start over with Pence. Of late, evidence is mounting that is impeachable on him as well. Either way (Trump convicted or defeated for re-election), Pence is basically not a viable candidate for high office anymore.

@mordant I know. I said that mostly out of total exasperation. Unfortunately, if we can't remove 45 for what he's actually done, we certainly cannot remove Pence for knowing about it all and doing NOTHING. There is no doubt in my mind that Pence has known about everything and done nothing to stop any of it.
That actually makes him WORSE in my eyes.
Knowing he wants to turn this nation into a theocracy just makes it all
exponentially worse, to the point where I can barely put together a coherent statement.

@KKGator Pence is the kind of christian who would kill, and rape, for his savior, and thank he was a fucking hero!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:451941
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.