Agnostic.com

13 21

A Break in the Fog

This morning's fog briefly parted, giving a glimpse of snowy foothills from my kitchen window. Fog quickly closed in, hiding the view.

Reminds me of a sudden insight as we ponder a problem. Clarity can be obscured by a bad mood, fatigue or confusion. This gives me hope.

"I need to sleep on it," I told customers after they explained a difficult problem. They laughed. But often I awaken with a good solution.

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lucid planned dreaming....works for me....good for your customers

Isn't this a famous poem? 'In the morn, the fart briefly parted the coming storm, opening the window to see the coming dawn, only to realize the night is gone.'

@Atheist3

I never read a poem named "A Break in the Fog."

@LiterateHiker It's obscure, that's fer sure. I collect obscure poetry. lol

Sometimes sleeping on it works, but I also like to ponder it while I walk or take a shower. I don’t focus on it, but sometimes a solution will come.

CS60 Level 7 Jan 24, 2020

Also sound is hampered in fog so don't go getting chased by a movie villain and try and scream to be saved.

Yes,let your mind puzzle out the problems,.many times a solution will be found.

I have had a lot of solutions come to me during the night,,

The term "sleep on it" certainly makes sense to me both literally and figuratively.

I've always found sleeping on a problem was a good solution - unless the problem was a woman. 😂🤣😂🤣

Sleep is importaint for information "filing" and linking new information to old, so sleeping on it is usually a good idea when making big decisions or decisions about things we normally don't.

[livescience.com]

1of5 Level 8 Jan 24, 2020

Are used to record my dreams. Write them down I mean. One morning I woke up and I had written “ right down great ideas!”

Or so badly garbled, no sense can ever be made of the scriblings....

Whenever I have a difficult problem wanting a solution but I can't seem to think of one, I take a break from thinking about it and do something else. After a break of x amount of time, I come back with a fresh perspective. That has helped my on a number of occasions to solve said problem.

Likewise.

Great comparison.

Can you see Mt Redoubt from where you live? Or is that too far north?

@daveknight

I live in Wenatchee, Washington State, not Alaska.

I can see Cascade Mountain foothills from every window. Love it.

These photos of Wenatchee were taken from East Wenatchee,. Across the Columbia River looking west.

1. Wenatchee basking in evening light. March 2018.

2. Sunrise in Wenatchee, January 2018.

@Doraz

Thank you. I feel lucky to live in Wenatchee, WA.

@LiterateHiker Mt Redoubt is one of the highest peaks in the Cascades. So, can you see Russia from your back porch? 🙂!

@davknight

Don't be silly. Of course I cannot see Canada.

Wenatchee is in the center of Washington State, snuggled up against the east side of the Cascade Mountains. North Central Washington.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:452589
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.