Does it matter?

• 2 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 2 votes
WileEQuixote 7 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Considering the whole idea of being able to predict matches due to likes and dislikes is complete bull shit. You really shouldn’t look to it all.

Punch Level 4 Apr 29, 2018

I think they are way off the mark.

I chose 70% but ya never know, as they say, "opposites attract"....sure is true with energy, magnetism, weather systems, higher atmospheric conditions and so on....

Opposites attract, but never last.

Username wins the internet for today. That is all.

Your trophy is in the back room under a pile of birdseed...

Meep meep?

The match percentage seems somewhat imprecise as an indicator of true compatibility. I'll take my chances getting to know people as individuals and see how that goes. ?

I don't know anything about the percentage. Where do I get percentage points?

JimG Level 8 Mar 28, 2018

I think if you're actively looking and you've answered your Profile questions it'll show up.

When you see the "heart" on someone's profile (or next to their name in the forums) it indicates that you're a match on what you're seeking, and the higher the percentage the more you supposedly have in common. If you go to a profile and click on the heart percentage, you'll see a breakdown of how the value was calculated. I think it's a bit of fun, maybe an icebreaker, but nothing very serious.

I don't go off of it as much as "are they human, male, within my age range, and not creepy AF"

I don't even consider it.

I definitely agree that the Match % does not seem to be taking distance into the calculation, nor does it seem to be like OkC or PoF that does dual-matching.

And, I really with you could sort/filter by Match %, but the Admin says that's coming.

I think the match percentage takes age and distance into account, but it doesn't seem to be weighted very high. I don't really like the match feature, though.

I've also noticed , the % bit does not seem to include distance . Additionally , while I believe the % only refers to how close the other is to what I'm looking for , I don't believe it includes what the % of how well I match what he is looking for . In other words , they may believe , in my book , I would view him as being an 81% , but he may view me as being 2% of what would interest him .

Ok, when I notice a high match, I go to the person's page and notice, first they are many hundreds of miles away, but mostly browse through the comments and see what kind of person they are. I do wish the matching percent also took into account my location and my preference for within 100 miles.

no, I can't see the % means anythign at all, age and distance puts dating out of the question for me,

I wouldnt pay attention to that since most of the time it doesnt make sense

cut off f or what?

and what will we cut it with?

% Match to go on a date

met someone at 80% - no chemistry but made a friend

@btroje I recommend a Burdizzo for the the cleanest results. ?

@resserts You would have to vote 100 percent with that

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45299
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.