Agnostic.com

2 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

... and SARS before it. Caging a variety of animals in close proximity to other species, with no regard to hygiene, so that their feces intermix and get onto others, is a sure-fire way to evolve virus mutations that cross inter-species barriers.

But......this is the way all people have bought & sold their food forever.....and current germ theory says that even children should be exposed to Lots of pathogens in order to develop immunity.

@AnneWimsey However, there was less crowding, and less mobility. Therefore a lower rate of spread, making it quite possible that "new" bugs would fail to proliferate.

They eat guinea pigs?! omg. Johnny and Cash, our resident guinea pigs may well be the only grand children I see. The overarching msg I get from this article is 'don't eat meat'.

Guinea pigs were, and are, a basic staple food in South America....several travel/food show hosts have eaten them declared them to be delicious....

@maturin1919 I make allowances for you because you are still Maturin' 😛

@maturin1919 We don't HAVE to be omnivores.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:453367
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.