Agnostic.com

1 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Black holes, schmack holes! They got data they INTERPRETED as a black hole, put on a computer screen and photographed.

Have you reviewed that data, and if so, what is your interpretation of it?

@Archeus_Lore

Hi. Telling you of the physics I’ve studied and the research I’ve done will require much time and effort. I want you to do more than believe what Kaku said.

That is a work in progress . . . . to understand that, I have to improve my understanding of calculus and linear algebra. Currently working on that, using Udemy, books, Jupyter Notebooks, Python programming. [github.com] I have also been doing a little work with David Hilbert's book "Geometry and Imagination" . . . . planning on posting that when I am done, and possibly even posting a youtube video of some of it. The section I have done the work on is on the estimation of π using unit squares, which was investigated by both David Hilbert and Gauss. David Hilbert put out some very interesting books, he is said to have been the last person who had a solid grasp of the whole field of mathematics before it exploded into something to large for any one person to understand, hence the benefit of reading his work. Having devoted the time to the aforementioned method, I now understand it very well. Udemy does have some very good courses on Python mathematical programming, some of which are by Mike X Cohen, a neurosurgen.

I have a friend who is a threoretical physicist who has some alternate ideas too, that was why I asked.

@Archeus_Lore You have a commendable desire to learn, but mathematics is not physics. Find an physicist who does laboratory work. I did both in graduate school.

Go to www.newtoeu.com and look around. Then download and read the free PDF.
Go to www.thunderbolts.info for reading and viewing material.

Btw, I lived in Phoenix from 1969-76, walked up Squaw Peak often, hiked in the Superstitions and the Grand Canyon.

[vps137.narod.ru] <-- This is the link to my friend's webpage, have known him for about 20 years. He does not buy into the Big Bang argument, and has theories about vortexes and 4D space. One of the reasons I am learning math is precisely so I can understand some of his work. I have been in Phoenix since 1995, have been to the places you are talking about, and also the Bradshaw Mountains . . . Currently I am concentrating most on higher math, as I am also learning more about deep learning, while I am currently not studying physics to any great degree, the day will come . . . . I have not retired yet, but once I do I will have much more time to devote to all of it.

There is also a forum my friend hangs out on, but alas, you will need to be about to read or translate Russian. http://боевой-народ.рф/forum/index.php?showtopic=83357&pid=2166659&st=2620&&fbclid=IwAR2110AT99p84EonUdcFs6X-YWtWuluglGEMzqE0tatNvLmpwfhynqt-x2w#entry2166659
You can also find him here on Facebook [facebook.com]

Not likely I will have a lot of time in the near future to spend on those links, but will be adding them to my Physics folder . . . It appears to be an interesting take on the field of Physics . . . .

@Archeus_Lore You won’t go wrong if you keep in mind that:

1. mathematics is not physics, and
  2. elegant equations are not evidence.
    Those are where theoretical physicists fail.

So how far have you actually ventured into the realm of mathematics?

@Archeus_Lore Starting in electrical engineering I took math and physics. Univ. of Florida taught applied math and my BA in math included a semester each of differential equations and statistics. I took enough physics to teach a first year physics course before I started grad school at Florida St. Univ.
FSU taught mostly pure math but my grad study there included two semesters of numerical analysis and two semesters of physics research.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:454772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.