Agnostic.com

4 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First, I'm Canadian so my opinion isn't worth much. Of course most of us northern cousins would like a strong, center-left candidate to emerge because we tend to warm up to democratic presidents more than republican offerings. But this article isn't "for" anything - it's just an attack - more character than policy, too. I read an anit-Bernie post here, earlier, and I didn't see any positive suggestions in that tirade either - the only purpose of that post, like this article, was to bring down a front-runner. Revealing one's preferences helps a reader weigh the criticisms. I wouldn't have been so skeptical if the author's political leaning was shared. I liked Kamala Harris and Eric Swalwell so what do I know about picking a winner?

But as for this anti-Pete sentiment, isn't every candidate flawed? My concern is that democrats will be embittered and weaker at the end of the selection process - and correct me if I'm wrong about 2016 being much of the same. There was so much anti-Hillary sentiment created among democrats that, in hindsight, she was a sitting duck to the under-estimated Trump support.

What I have heard and read about this potential candidate I admire. For once and intelligent, well spoken politician who is not some old fart. This is what we need. However, his sexuality might hurt his changes. Also, I would question the writer's credentials and where he actually stands on some critical issues. This sort of negative commentary will be used a lot by the other side so we need to tread very carefully. Get ready for some real mud slinging which might steer us away from some real worthwhile candidates. Question everything.

I wish more people knew this.

Without the media and the establishment propping him up, Pete would still be a nobody. Because they put him in the prominent position that he is now in and the fact that he has never worked to build any sort of movement of regular folks, he will be totally beholden to the powers that be and the special interests. He is an empty suit with nothing to offer. His purpose is to do the bidding of his overlords, the exact same people who Sanders has been challenging all his life.

That's why last night's debate was kind of a fitting symbol of the real battle, him against Bernie. Since Biden is now fading, the establishment and media need a new centrist hope to stop Bernie and for now it is Pete and Bloomberg. Warren is probably also fading and Klobuchar was never a heavyweight threat to Bernie. The fact that Pete was a military intelligence (and probably also a CIA spook) makes me opposed to him on general principle, plus his work as a corporate tool (McKinsey) makes him cozy with evil...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:457810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.