Agnostic.com

6 5

I love Adam Ruins Everything! This one is about funerals and how the funeral/casket industry are cash cows. How embalming in unnecessary.

BethyLou 5 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you're interested in alternative funeral arrangements (much less expensive and more environmentally responsible), I suggest following the "Ask a Mortician" channel on YouTube. Host/author/mortician Caitlin Doughty is funny, warm, and informed.

Cremation, tree pod or I read somewhere that now you can be turned to diamonds lol, but yeah Adam ruins everything rocks!

I want to be cremated & planted with a tree! I think that would be awesome.

I like that he will correct himself, too, if he's been wrong about something.

I love Adam, too!

When I was a preteen, my best friends' father owned a funeral home. They lived above it. It was at once way cool, way creepy, and way interesting. I quickly determined that I would never be embalmed or prepped in any way. Not that I thought about it then, but being a part of the natural life cycle appeals to me a lot more.

Since then, I've learned what money pits they are. It's distressing to see them taking advantage of someone who's distracted and overwhelmed with grief.

I saw somewhere a burial tree pod...

Embalming is also terrible for the environment. What was the thinkinking behind poisoning the body before planting the body?

This is why states are now requiring you to purchase a liner for graves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.