Agnostic.com

8 1

Why does the USA need immigrants?

Why does America need immigrants? I understand that if we aren't reproducing fast enough then we need fresh humans. However, other than that that, why do we need them? Let them remain in their own country and fix it if needed.
Look what happened to the American Indians. They would have been better off with a stronger immigrant policy.

Grecio 7 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What we need is rational immigration law and policy -- not likely to happen soon with our divided electorate/congresscritters. 😛

Nicola Tesla, Albert Enistein, Wernher Von Braun but who needs immigrants? My family is made up of immigrants, without that combination of people that had babies together I would not exist.

I understand that there are immigrants all over the world. I am just saying all immigrants should be legal and vetted.

@Grecio why

The USA doe not 'need' immigrants ... any more than it 'needs' the immigrants that arrived over the years since about 1650 ... the native indian tribes of whatever the place was then called had a reasonable life going for them.
But immigration has always been part of every country developing ... everyone wants a 'better' lifestyle. For most that has come to mean a better job, more money, bigger house, bigger car, etc ... for others, more relaxation in brighter sunshine. Foe some it is a way to escape persecution where they are living .. for religion, tribe, colour, sexuality, or whatever
For many reasons, people choose to move around their country, or around the world .. and generally the world is better for it.
But immigrants are guests in that new country ... and some abuse the hospitality shown ... and should expect to be summarily expelled.

Well said.

If a person has cancer, it's not better to have cancer spread to the rest of the body. We don't need Muslims that are here to further the 6th century Islam crap. Most immigrants that enter by crossing the Rio Grande are peaceful, hard-working people. However, they need to enter legally.

Gosh, perhaps if Einstein and Fermi had stayed in their countries, they could have reshaped history so you could be living under a fascist dictatorship. How closed minded and xenophobic can you be?

How many Einsteins and Fermis do you see coming here? I agree that we need legal immigrants that are vetted as the scientists noted. In all reality, we do need good immigrants because most native-born citizens in the USA aren't producing enough offspring to carry the population. However, we need immigrants that will assimilate and contribute, not Muslims that don't believe in the separation of church and state. I guess, we need good quality immigrants. just saying

Many immigrants have contributed to the country Elon Musk, fareed zakaria long list

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 10, 2020

I guess there are good-quality immigrants and poor quality immigrants.

@Grecio like anything crap shoot look at Melina

I came here in USA in 1995 .
I have heard that speech when I was working for 5 dollars and 13 cents as a cashier and going to school.
I have heard the same speech 25 yrs later , when certain people worry more about what accent their health care provider has than what type of medicine and care they receive .
I am so sick of this .
I am a citizen since 2005, I haven’t hurt a fly , I don’t even have a damn driving ticket . I pay my taxes and I mind my own buisness . What is the problem ? What is so unbearable to understand that people migrate and not always live or die where they are born .
U eat spaghetti I am sure . Ask the New York Italians and the Irish who builded your best city . I am so sick of this .

You are a excellent example example glad you came here

I am glad you are here. However, many immigrants aren't like you. I don't like Muslims who don't assimilate and don't believe in the separation of church and state. The USA or any other country doesn't need sorry immigrants. We need good-quality immigrants like you. I guess you came here legally and didn't sneak in.

@Grecio Good point on the muslims, Grecio.

@Grecio I don't like anyone immigrant or not who doesn't believe in separation of church and state. Immigration status has nothing to do with that issue.

We need immigrants if we want social security to be funded into the future, we need worker bees. We also need people that do all kinds of work from digging ditches to cancer research. Talent is not an ethnic trait. We desperately need a reasonable and workable immigration policy that will protect both the immigrants and our citizens. Assigning crybaby negative traits to someone because of their Nationality is xenophobic. Anyone that does that is probably susceptible to trump's racist play book.

The USA was not taken from the Indigenous people by immigration since they did not believe it possible own the land, never the less it was conquered by force of arms and germ warfare in he name of the Christian god.

It doesn't matter what the indigenous believed, it is what happened. Look at Europe. Europe has basically be ruined by the immigration of Muslims that don't believe in the separation of church and state.

@Grecio wow is it cold way up there on that pedestal

Because they do the jobs lazy, entitled Americans are too good for.

You make a good true point. I do realize that we need immigrants to do labor that Americans will not do. Maybe that's the answer to the question. However, we don't need immigrants that come over here to have babies and live on welfare. I have no problem with legal immigrants, but we don't need parasites that are here to further Islam.

@Grecio We don't need Americans that automatically assign negative traits to someone because of their ethnic make up. Americans that do that inspire divisions and stop of from doing anything productive in the area of creating a good immigration policy. Americans that do that inspire divisions and stop us from doing anything productive in the area of creating a good immigration policy

@Lorajay The American Indians had a poor immigration policy, and look what happened to them. Keep Islam out.

@Grecio I feel that you have very bigoted views about that portion of humanity. Fanatical christians are just as evil as a fanatical Muslims.

@Lorajay I don't see modern Christians saying that they will convert all of America to an ideology. The problem with Muslims is that they do not believe in separation of church and state. I don't see Christians cutting people's heads off on Youtube. I am not a bigot. I am only looking for the truth. If you know the truth, then tell me. Thanks...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:458185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.