Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK County in Kansas is jailing people over unpaid medical debt

I am so glad I got the hell out of Kansas when I did.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That’s total bullshit! 😑

I work in medical billing, I've seen bills that make me catch my breath. I've seen lots of bills go to collections. I've seen bankruptcies due to medical bills, But my hospital uses a non reporting collection agency, Your medical collections will not affect your credit score for the hospital I work for. There is no reason to go to jail for medical or any other debt, cuz if you're in jail you aren't earning the money to discharge your debt. That is just downright insane. And if I get an expensive disease I'm going to simply die because I'm not going to spend money I don't have for a cure. No chemo, no expensive drug therapy. Just let me fade into the twilight.

This seems to be what our system does best these days....kick them when they're down. I didn't see where any explanation was given as to why they missed their court dates? Were they too sick to make it to court? I get the whole "I'm only doing my job" thing......but - if memory serves - isn't that exactly what all the guards and executioners working in the concentration camps said? When doing your job is diametrically opposed to basic human decency, it might be time to find another job....or at the very least - work to help change the system. imho

DAMN! I really do not understand how folks can continue to vote for elected officials that promote this kind of shake down. The attorney who set up this scam needs to have ethical charges brought against him. He is the poster child for why most Americans loathe lawyers.

Jebus fucking Crisco..the lawyer who reps the Health insurance companys Had the statue of jail inserted into the law..He's a Bounty Hunter..plain and simple.😑😑😑

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:458340
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.