Agnostic.com

14 2

Do you believe in Aliens & UFOs? Ex-Defence Minister "Aliens among us"!

News, Movies, Books, Archaeological findings , Abduction stories..... and these days we see VIPs witnessing Aliens and UFOs, such as the former Canadian defence Minister Paul Hellyer, and other politicians, even scientists such as Stephen Hawking agreed with this phenomena.

WilliaM8 4 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is as much evidence for UFO's visiting the earth as there is for Yahweh , Zeus, Elves still alive, trickle down economics working, compassionate conservatism, fairies, vampires . . . If any of my atheist friends subscribe to such nonsense, I consider the damage done to their critical thinking by religious myth still present.

I do believe in aliens and ufo's. I also believe in ghost.

I am pretty sure they are not real. If they were real i would think it more likely to be visited from a multiverse than from our own galaxy.

I would say yes I do. If you use historical monuments, locations and various works of art as proof. I have never seen nor heard of proof of anything resembling divinity. So yeah there has to be intelligent life up there.

Let's attack this by breaking it down into the various components contained within the question and the following comment.

"Do you 'believe' in aliens?" That depends on what you mean by 'believe' and 'aliens'. Let us say that I accept the notion (not the same as believing) that there probably are other places in the universe with life. Perhaps a small percentage of them are home to an intelligent species or more. Then a small percentage of that group may house intelligent species that have attained some level of technology. Following on that, a few may even have become spacefaring.

"Do you 'believe' in UFOs?" Let us say I accept the idea (again not the same as believing) that people have seen things in the sky that were not identifiable to them. Most of those sightings have rather mundane explanations. Some of them a mite more exotic. A tiny percentage remain unidentified. It is a rather gigantic leap to go from seeing something that doesn't fit into any particular category to declaring it is a craft operated by aliens. No evidence, you see.

As for the rest of it, there is also no evidence -- just anecdote, dubious photos, and unreliable testimony. Yes, I know some 'credible' folks have seen these things as well, but we still have to make that incredible leap.

Abductees? Barney and Betty Hill remains the best case for actual abduction, but again, lacking substantial and testable evidence. All I can conclude at present from all those reports is that it could be anything from a bad batch of moonshine to an actual abduction, but I can't know anything about it, yet. I do have some direct experience with someone who became rather famous among UFO buffs many years ago. He was George Van Tassel. George was a friend. I was around during all of his revelations. That one did not help the UFO crowd one bit.

I, and many other scientists in this world would be delighted to have evidence. It could and probably would be one of the greatest enlightening experiences of all time. It would certainly change a lot of people's way of thinking. My friend, Seth, would go bananas -- honestly, so would I. In the meantime, we continue to look, listen, and wait for evidence.

I believe in UFO's as defined, An unidentified, flying, object. That's it, just something in the sky that can't be readily identified.

As for the rest, I'm going to with wanting empirical evidence before I can come to an educated conclusion.

Who cares what anyone 'believes' about UFOs? With no evidence, this 'belief' is just as valid as religious beliefs, and anyone who says they have seen one with no evidence is either hallucinating, or an attention seeker.

No ,not in the way most people do . It is possible alien life forms that we do not recognize as life forms are actually here among us . Size is relative so they may be microscopic,or we may be microscopic to them and so insignificant that they are unaware of our existence They may also be in another dimension

I want to badly believe it as I want to hitch a ride home...ahem out of this planet but no I don't believe any are here. As about out there, yes they're just too far or maybe they don't want to be bothered...

That show "Ancient Aliens on the history channel is actually interesting sometimes !

Ha! No, at least not any seem to have visited us yet. I don't doubt that there's some sort of alien life form out there somehow, or that there was, or that there will be -- indeed, I suspect there are, were, or will be advanced civilizations akin to our own, but will we ever be able to contact them? That I question.

On a par with ghosts, big foot, etc. Could you cite Stephen Hawking's quote and source please?

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Ah, however Hawking's quote, "To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational" in context to his other quote in the article "If aliens visit us" suggests he believes there 'could' be intelligent extraterrestrial life but we haven't been so visited since he says 'if' aliens visit us.

No, I do not believe there are aliens on Earth.

I believe in the possibility of intelligent alien life forms. But as with all things you gotta show me hard evidence.

I agree

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4584
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.