Agnostic.com

15 2

Does anyone do any gardening this summer? what all do you plant? I love having a garden!

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My sugar snaps are already up. Beans, sqash, and okra next.

skado Level 9 Apr 13, 2018

We have planted
blueberries
Cherries
Plums
Black berries (they are like weeds, but produce well)
Raspberries
Grapes
Huckleberrie (newly planted, so not yet producing)

We plan to plant for hte summer
Tomatoes (2 varieties)
Eggplant
Bell Peppers (3 varieties)
Zuchini
and soem other veggies dependign on room and availability.

Not in Thailand, but I did in Kentucky. I used to grow food for our personal use..organic soybeans, green beans, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, carrots, watermelons, okra, broccoli, pototoes, zuccini, pumpkins, cauliflower, green peas, herbs and spices, asparagus, sweet corn, garlic, sunflowers, and had a strawberry bed.

I'd break open bales of straw and cover the garden with at least 3 inches of straw a few weeks before planting, so that it was a slimy green mess by the time it was ready to plant.
Then all I had to to was poke my finger into the moist goo to plant the seeds, then pull the straw around close to the sprouts..

No weeds could grow, so no need to weed the garden, plus the layer of straw scared the deer and other wild garden thieves, and also seemed to discourage damaging insects as well. Of course, NO PESTICIDES. Ever. No need to water the garden since the rotting straw soaked rain water like a sponge and kept everything moist, even in drought.

I love plants! I plant mostly zome7 or 8 perennials that can withstand the scorching temperatures. My vegetable garden consists of cherry tomatoes ,lots of herbs and sweet banana peppers

cherry tomatos and beans

I have to decide what to plant in front of the house this year. One side of the front gets more sun than the other because of the huge magnolia tree in the yard. I would like a riot of color.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 29, 2018

I have a vegetable garden. I grow, tomatoes, potatoes, corn, beans, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, zucchini, squash, bell peppers, greens, sunflowers and strawberries.

I’m planting a food forest now hope to start a garden soon. We have a garden group on here you are welcome to join. The more the merrier

I planted a mango tree and a cara cara tree

I love watching the bees get drunk/stoned in my globe artichoke flowers. I'm more of a shrub/tree kind of person.

We used to have a very large garden full of different types of tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, onions, cucumbers, melons of different varieties, and strawberries. We don't have as much time so we haven't had a garden in the past couple of years, but I would love to plant some tomatoes and bell peppers this year.

Autumn just began for us, have spent the morning, cleaning up a lot of the summer crops, only have a small space. Was a bigger job than expected, quite a haul too, but rain came so not finished. Plan today is to plant 215 garlic bulbs but may not get to it, so much cleaning up to do. 2 compost bins now overflowing.

@Adorkable That was us up until 3 months ago. Just come i from putting them in the ground, and a few we missed last season have begun to sprout in the soil.

I have to pots, but I haven't had luck keeping things alive for long enough to harvest them.

Tara2 Level 4 Mar 29, 2018

it is going to be very dry here this summer so I don't think that will happen this year. Throwing down seed in New Mexico does not have hte same results as Kentucky

Fixing to put in tomatoes this weekend, I think. It's supposed to rain, so maybe not.
Probably going to do green beans, green peppers, garlic, some green onions, and romaine.
Might start some asparagus, too.

@Francoise Thanks. That's what I've heard. Takes until the second season to be ready for harvest.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45841
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.