Agnostic.com

9 11

The Japanese practice of 'forest bathing' is scientifically proven to be good for you

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

walking in the woods anyway where you are at piece with your self ,even naked, ,freahair feels wonderful and one can gound them selves to Mother earth is truely a food for ones soul

Such a very beautiful happy pic of you

@RoyMillar

Thank you, Roy!

Only works for Japanese people though.

@PondartIncbendog

Nonsense. It works for everyone, all ages.

@LiterateHiker It only works in Japanese forests.

@PondartIncbendog

Don't be an idiot. You are wrong.

All trees exude aromatic chemicals that cause health benefits.

Read the article.

@LiterateHiker It only works on Japanese dogs....That can't read.

Not exactly forest, but I used to strip down to a pair of shorts and walk barefoot in the East African bush whenever I needed a "recharge". One avoided the thornbushes, obviously, so one's route was meandering, mainly through wild, arid grass.
After a couple of hours I felt utterly renewed.

I've always felt that walking/hiking in the forest is good psychologically, and feels like an emotional cleanse of sorts, with all the fresh air seemingly blowing the cobwebs out of my mind and letting unnecessary (negative) thoughts flow along with the breeze. Just getting outside oneself a bit surrounded by natural objects towering above, helps me psychologically realize that there is a whole world out there beyond my little troubles and concerns. Nice to take a break from our daily lives.

But I never thought about the smells and possible health benefits of the various oils emitted by the trees and so on. This post definitely makes me want to take a walk in the woods! I am lucky to leave near several hiking trails and strolling paths through forests and gardens. I'm recovering from a recent illness and I think I'm finally ready to try walking outside again to gain my strength back. I've always thought my walks were a luxury, but today I'll call it medical therapy. 😉

Do you have to do it naked ?

Not during deep winter.

I love walking among redwood trees, it is very peaceful. I get the same feeling when I am at the coast, the air is different but the end result is the same.

Is forest bathing a fancy terms for hiking?

@freedom41

"Forest bathing" is what Japanese medical doctors call it.

A walk in the woods.

Cool

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 17, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:460905
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.