Agnostic.com

7 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why am I think about abuses and corruption? I'm getting too cynical, I think.

Most will miss how important this is.

Have the inventors started a company yet? This would be something to get in on the ground floor. Think if it could be advanced like CRISPR Cas-9. $$ to be made.

Possibly, cool

So this is how the Xenomorphs were created....it was the humans all along!....damn you, damn you all to.....ok nuff o that. 🙂

Wow. This is pretty cool. From briefly scanning the paper, they apparently manually cut a clump of the frog stems cell to a shape designed by a computer algorithm that generate the best shapes for motion based on a criteria of using a "material" that periodical contracts. Then they place cardiac progenitor cells among the stem cells. The stem cells turn into cardiac cells, which contracts periodically, and the darn thing starts to flex and move! Very, very cool!

Lot's of potential here.

This should be in a much higher rated journal...

Think of the medical implications..this is exciting! I wonder if they have consciousness.

Too small

@bobwjr Still, probably more than the bot in the WH.

@bobwjr

@JackPedigo lol no shit

The day will come when we are able to back up the mind like we do a computer operating system. In this way we who fear death can keep living as long as we have backups. This can be much like system restore in a computer today. Of course, this mind will continue to grow from a given point much like our universe continues to grow. This is not a problem and it is diversity. Is this the secret to time travel?

Not robots ...replicants !!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:461121
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.