Agnostic.com

56 8

Are Atheist hateful towards spiritual people?

It appears to me that many atheists feel entirely justified bashing religious "people" for their beliefs. I don't respect bad ideas, but I appreciate the people who have ideas. It doesn't matter which view is correct. It matters more that people treat each other with respect and attack the bad ideas without attacking the people who have ideas. Is there a God? I don't believe in God, but I also don't disbelieve. I don't have any means of testing whether there is a God, but we don't know, nobody knows.

paul1967 8 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (51 - 56)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I disagree with the premise that others should be allowed to trample on me, or anyone, that does not believe the way "you" do, so, yes, I have to occasionally point this out go the tramplers. Usually, not very sweetly...too bad, so sad.

I wasn't suggesting that you allow anyone to walk all over you. In fact I have no issues with anyone performing a smack down on someone who is trying to impose their irrational beliefs on you.

What I'm talking about is calling theists stupid in posts.

@paul1967 if the shoe fits.......

@AnneWimsey I don't know if you believe in ghosts. I think people who do believe in ghosts are being completely irrational and silly. I do not accept that it's appropriate to call people who believe in ghosts stupid merely because they're allowing themselves to believe something out of a desire for it to be true. The same can be said about faith in God. Does that make sense?

@paul1967 yes it makes sense. And, BTW I do not call people stupid, or simply names. I prefer snarky comments that make it apparent what I think. And mostly direct them at the beliefs, not the people.

No

ebdb Level 7 Apr 6, 2018

Never?

I'm agnostic. I want proof before imbracing an idea.

Until then I have a lot of theories, most based upon scientific observances.

So far, reality for me seems to be that there is one all-encompassing life source that is responsible for all that is that creates/comprises the entire Universe.

Everything that exists is a type of vibrational energy that emanates from this Life Source.
There is electromagnetic radiation (radio, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, x-ray, gamma ray)and the sequence from longest wavelength (radio waves) to shortest wavelength (gamma rays) is also a sequence in energy from lowest energy to highest energy.

Each color of the spectrum of the rainbow is based upon the electromagnetic spectrum includes, and includes (longest) radio waves, microwaves, infrared, optical, ultraviolet, X-rays, and gamma-rays (shortest) other colors and waves are a variation of degrees between these.
This "Lifesource" that mankind has called by many names and umbrellas under the term of "God" is the physical manifestation of all that exists, and that all things contain a spark of that vibrational energy that brings about "life" and that through these vibrational energies life is self-sustaining.

It has been proven through radio, TV, phones, and many other ways that it is possible for vibrational energies to become projected toward one specific location and affect the end result.
A primitive form of this people is prayer, some call it meditation, some call it spells, but from a scientific perspective, it is possible.

I feel that we each have our lives in the here and now, and it's up to us to make the best of it that we can. We are going to have similar but different obstacles to overcome. These obstacles will teach us about life.

There is no benefit for us to worry about an afterlife. That being said, there is not a one of us that can know for certain what happens to us once our life here is done, but we can explain the science of what happens.

We can know that the molecules and neutrons and protons that make up our bodies break down and are released into both the atmosphere, (heavens) and the Earth (hell). Consciousness as we know it now ceases, and we (the neutrons and protons that our consciousness was made up of), is joined with the source that created us.

Our 'heavenly mansions' that are refered to in the Christian Bible, are the astrological houses in the atmosphere is in at the time that we lay down our lives as we know them here on earth. Our DNA molecules depart from us at that time, and remain in that space, and that is where the essence of who we are will reside.

Donna Level 6 Apr 1, 2018

I truly have yet to see the merit of the group. I do not choose my friends by their belief system, nor do I constantly expect them to explain it to me.This should be a group that finds ways to help people, no bully, bash, and attack. I have dectded to stay out. You cannot make an innocent comment that someone doesn't find fault. I am an empath and the energy in here makes me ill. I cannot be here. Blessings and joy regardless where your life takes you. Smiles n Hugs, Betty

Geez louise, i do not think there is anywhere in the world for you if this place makes you ill....

I'm not hateful towards religious/spiritual people but, I admit, I question their intelligence.

I can honestly say that I don't hate anyone; some people's ideas, or their behavior, maybe, but not the human being. And there are those with whom I would choose to never associate, mainly because I believe they would have nothing positive to add to my existence. But, I do not ridicule people for what they believe; it does no good. I may ridicule the belief, but not the person.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46272
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.