Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK Lisa Green 'Marriage Story' struck a chord, but America's real divorce story is more complicated

Marriage is becoming a little less prevalent and little more stable — a potential bright spot in a turbulent world.

But that doesn't mean marital conflicts are becoming a thing of the past. For one thing, political strife is alive and well. Perhaps inevitably, the president of the United States has extended his reach into America's bedrooms. "I call it the new Trump divorce," says Jim McLaren, a family and divorce lawyer in Columbia, South Carolina, who is past president of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. "I've had a few cases where one spouse says: 'I was married to a reasonable human being, and one day I woke up and she or he is now a Trumper. I significantly disagree with everything Trump stands for, and I can't stay married to that person.'"

HippieChick58 9 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm looking forward to marriage. I have no problem with it.. Is it obligatory for atheists to be anti marriage?

Nope, just like the general population some are and some aren't. I don't plan to remarry ever but that is to avoid financial tangles and retirement issues. If I was younger and didn't have those issues I might feel differently.

Not surprised at all

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 26, 2020
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:464244
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.