Agnostic.com

8 0

What is your definition of a life worth lived?

AwkwardTurtle 4 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always tried to learn by studying and find that it takes a lot of work across many areas. Always enjoyed conversations with people and try to see and learn from how they see things. Lots of different opinions out there, but I have made a path for myself and been a Civil Rights activist, early farm workers political work, People's Energy Project in 1970s against nuclear power because of no safe way to handle the waste, Marched with Women Take Back the Night, Opposed the Vietnam War through studying the history, opposition to Apartheid at home and South Africa and a very long list of involvement For me an active life is a good life.

One where as a person you have helped others and done no further harm

To pursue the things you truly value, not the things others tell you are important. I think it comes down to authenticity, being true to oneself.

They will tell you, you can't sleep alone in a strange place.
Then they'll tell you, you can't sleep with somebody else.
Ah, but sooner or later you sleep in your own space.
Either way it's okay, you wake up with yourself.

—Billy Joel, My Life

Being a good father and raising a little girl I can be proud of.

Which do you mean (1) "a life worth living", or (2) "a life well lived"? As phrased, your question is just a grammatically incorrect sentence.

Live, love, and laugh. Do no harm.

Betty Level 8 Nov 22, 2017

Well considering I almost ceased to exist twice in the last 5 years from leukemia and heart failure I have asked myself that everyday. Did I volunteer enough, was I kind to others, was I a good parent? I think the most important thing anyone ever said about me is "You have a kind heart." That tome is a life worth lived.

It basically means your satisfaction and the improvement of our lives as human being in general

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4669
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.