Agnostic.com

85 9

Should women still act like women and men like men?

What I mean with this question is should the man be the one pursuing the woman and should women still be feminine and enjoying being courted?
Because of equality the lines have gotten so muddled that men sometimes feel insecure and women feel they have to be very strong. What is your guys take on it?

Lovewins 5 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

85 comments (76 - 85)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As many others have already stated, let's let people be themselves. Let's drop outdated expectations of how particular genders should or shouldn't behave. Let's let people find love in their own ways--ways that make them feel comfortable.

Mea Level 7 Mar 31, 2018

Exactly. Love is love. Do what is right for you.

I met my wife ex wife in a club, back in the eighties, she approached me. I say if you see someone that you are attracted too, seize the opportunity, because it may not come around again.

All too true!

@JasonWikander......We were married for 24 years and we are still really good friends. Being my ex has nothing to do with it.

I think people should just be themselves and not worry about old fashion dating rules. If a woman wants to take the first step, go for it, if you prefer to wait the the guy then fine. I have no problem with a woman taking the first step. Some men are shy but may still make a great partner if you make the effort to get to know them. What is in a man or woman's heart is more important than who takes the lead in the relationship.

I don't believe it has really changed that much. It could be generational. Occasionally a woman will make the first move for lack of a better word. I never have had a problem with that. Just be who you are. I don't like men or women who try to act tough to show you how strong they are. BORING!

We should all just be how we're comfortable being.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 31, 2018

No, I would hate that.

That sounds like a good plan. Not been going so well lately. I’ve mostly just been wondering if my time is done with regards to growing a relationship. It’s hard to pull myself up from discouragements floor.

At 65 I'm wondering the same thing. But then I am learning to live with my limitations. The bold and sassy playful being is still there but the body is failing me - LOL.. Complete intimacy is limited because I will not do hormone replacement and I am always up front with that. Finding compatible friends is always worth the effort. I hav eyet to complete my profile as I don't really know what to say about myself.

@silverotter11 I was just looking at your profile. Is that your artwork? The jewelry? All that work is incredible. I’ve found it to be hard to write about myself with too much transparency, because Of confronting my own feelings like the one above. I guess that’s why most of my post responses are sarcastic, self deprecating, or just silly, I just prefer to laugh. Yeah, I have some of the limiting factors from my end, but if my memory serves me, I did like intimacy.?. A pleasure to meet you.

I don't mind aggressive women in the least, but I am terrible with rules.

Most of the women I've dated made the first move. After my divorce, I didn't really pursue relationships as much as I just kind of ended up in them. When I initiated anything, it was disastrous, but when I left that up to her it usually went well.

JimG Level 8 Mar 31, 2018

People should pursue each other. And they tend to know who the right one is. The same goes for gay relationships. One person tends to be more dominant.

Mmmm very interesting What defines a man or woman other than a social construct of gender and prescribed roles initiated by who? I like the idea of self-identifying your own gender or not. I think maybe undoing gender is a good idea. I'm not comfrotable with societal definitions about who or what makes a person a man or women. I identify as a woman and have likes and dislikes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.