Agnostic.com

8 6

LINK Dead Sea Scrolls at Museum of the Bible are forgeries

I find this funny. It makes me wonder how something fictional can be fake. πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fictional is fake by definition πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

How do stupid people have so much money? "The discovery is one in a series of missteps by the museum's founders and owners of the Hobby Lobby chain of craft stores, Steve and Jackie Green."

"The recent findings have no bearing on the nearly 100,000 Dead Sea Scroll fragments that comprise the Shrine of the Book, on display in the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, National Geographic reports." - Interesting.

It has been widely spread about that the Dead Sea scrolls are fakes THIS IS NOT SO.
The forgeries are the the fragments sold to the Green family (Hobby Lobby) for a huge amount of money as being genuinely a part of the dead sea scrolls for their "Biblical museum". They are not, they were forged in or around 2008 and sold to the idiot bible thumpers in the same way Mark Hoffman sold fake lost parts of the Book of Mormon in the 1980s to the LDS.

The authenticity as historical artifacts (their content not withstanding) have NEVER been disputed.

@SeaGreenEyezI refer to the validity of the artifacts as to dating from the time they are assessed to have been created. The literary content is not what is important here, the origin and dating of the papiri is what is in question and has been proven to be a forgery.
I apologize if I was unclear.

Reminds me of the old wisdom that, the easiest people to fool, are those who are trying to fool you.

Is there an echo chamber in here?

It's in D.C.all fake

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 16, 2020

So are we saying a fake of a fake doctrine.

it's a mother of all fauxkers

A fake of writing plagiarized from pagan fiction.

The real ones aren’t fake, just these that were sold to this museum.

skado Level 9 Mar 16, 2020

you betray your belief in ...

@Philip21
In what?

The real ones were/are fiction, so the museum bought fake fiction.

@yvilletom
yep

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:471564
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.