Agnostic.com

5 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fracking also contaminates groundwater with chemicals that they won’t tell what they are. On that basis alone it should be banned.

I don't believe it..

The article is three years old. Here’s the actual USGS report:

[usgs.gov]

So far as “finally admitting”. I don’t know how fair that headline is. Until there was enough data to study probably no one knew the connection. The role of the geologists at USGS is to study and report. If there is any admitting to be done I’d think it would be by the oil companies.

The observation at the time was that fracking-caused earthquakes were declining. Part of that decline might be that whatever potential energy was stored underground had already been released through the injection of wastewater. Think of an avalanche. Once it’s over it’s over for a period.

Friggin Fracking scientists aren't they?

Thanks USGS>. is like Captain Obvious.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:472059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.