Agnostic.com

13 14

Not Bored Yet

The fabric I bought to sew a new jacket was damaged. It had two long cuts along the fold. I'm using the same pattern as this corduroy jacket I made last August.

Yesterday I returned the damaged cloth, got a refund and chose a different fabric. The silver roses have a bit of shine. Love it! It's 50/50 cotton and polyester with 3% spandex for stretch.

For a designer look, I'm trying to match the fabric in the front and back. Vertically and horizontally. Seven panels. The front and back are most important. The sides don't matter because they don't really show.

The scary part is altering the pattern before cutting out the fabric. I remember exactly how I altered the front. Good. But I took in the waist and hips over-and-over until I got it right.

I"ll make it look good, anyway.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"It's 50/50 cotton and polyester with 3% spandex" that's 103%. I love your math! LOL

@SageDave

Don't get your knickers in a twist over math. I meant:

The majority of the fabric is an equal amount of cotton and polyester (aka 50/50) with three percent Lycra for stretch.

Being skillful is a positive anytime, but particularly so when times are really uncertain...like now.

your getting quite the collection of beautiful clothes ,probably much better fit for you than trying to buy for your size ,It is as sharp e as ever 🙂

@RoyMillar

It's hard to find clothes that fit. That's why I sew clothes, tailoring them to fit me perfectly.

Yes that is very impressive,,your one in a million and that is good

you rawk

@bbyrd009

What does "rawk" mean? Did you mean "rock"?

scratches head

I am just guessing " You Rock "

@LiterateHiker, @RoyMillar ha but w/attitude lol

most likely just his sense o humour

@RoyMillar you think that's funny pal?
lol

I have been painting. I have been working on this one for s couple of weeks. Oil on canvas 18x24

Cool , my past time too.

Nice! Any chance you could whip this outfit up for me if I send you my measurements? Also need goggles and a kevlar neck scarf. 😉😂

@TrailRider

Hilarious! "Nice try," as I told my teenage daughter.

My artist ex-husband hated how many people asked him to "whip out" a piece of art for free.

People have no idea how much time and work it takes.

I am having a blast. I have been reading Fine Woodworking which I just subscribed to again. I am also writing on my book, in the middle of a large scale space war between a number of civilizations. Also cleaning the place as this needs to be done. TV is boring but I can read and have many to choose from. I am also researching the concept of time n the quantum level. You on the other hand as looking good and producing great clothing. I could send you some patterns for shirts if you would like. Kidding, I can do this. Got to get Kate's sewing area in order, been used as a computer station for some time.

You look marvelous!

@Edgeward

Thank you!

You DO make it look good

twill Level 7 Mar 22, 2020

Whatever you happen to be wearing, you always make it look good.

@Fit-50something

What a nice thing to say! Thank you.

"You could pull a burlap sack over your head, tie a rope around your waist, and you'd look like a million dollars," my mother said when I was 15. I credit my wide shoulders.

I credit your pretty face, lovely figure, and sunshine smile.

@Fit-50something

Aw... gee... shucks (sound of scraping hiking boot.) Thank you.

What a great hobby. But surely it must be okay to go hiking?

@WilliamFleming

"Don't go hiking for several weeks," my hiking partner's husband, a medical doctor, told her. "You need to shelter in place."

At least I get outside for running and fast walks. After pinning the pattern pieces to the fabric, I will go for a run.

It appears from the things I've seen on the Internet florals are definitely back in . You will be in style for sure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:474054
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.