Agnostic.com

7 0

There are many people who say that race doesn't matter. I've seen different.

Have you rejected someone solely based on their racial or ethnic identity???

dnzr10 2 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, I have not. Leave that kind of behavior for those who choose to dwell at the bottom of the human cesspool.

No, I hate people from all backgrounds. 🙂 No, seriously, I have friends who are White, Asian, Black, Middle Eastern, Hispanic… I don't have a lot of close friends, but my best friend is South Korean. Prejudice is learned. I remember when I was a very young child attending a company picnic where my father worked and there was a little girl about my age with dark skin (probably the first Black person I'd ever seen in person, because I live in one of the whitest places in the state) and I, of course, noticed the difference but didn't otherwise think anything of it. It was just a meaningless difference, and we spent the rest of the day playing together. I feel rather sad for people who get hung up on ethnicity or socioeconomic background or skin color or any other superficial difference; they're depriving themselves from knowing some wonderful people.

No.

I trained as a scientist and we know the human race has only half (sort of) the genetic variety chimpanzees have and we have too little diversity, not too much.

There is actually only one human race, empire builders invented the nonsense.

No. The less you think about racism and the more you look at them as a human being with skills, hope, aspirations, petty imperfections, the more you treat them fairly?

No. When I reject a person it is either due to some aspect of his or her behavior which I find repulsive and/or to his or her personality (for the same reason). Those attributes which I would find repulsive are the same for people of all races and ethnicities.

"Have you rejected someone solely based on their racial or ethnic identity???".

No, because I am not a dick 🙂

Well I did meet an 82 year old Caucasian woman at the dentist office, today. After a long conversation she let me know that she loves the Blacks. Because we give good black hugs. She brought up race, not me. As I left the dentist office I asked her for a hug. She let me know, "Now that's a good black hug." She did not reject me but she made it a point to come and talk to the only "black" in the dentist office. I wasn't reject, but picked out.

Hugs are usually a good thing, unless of course it's a politician !

Yeah, that's a form or racism still, but it comes from another era. When racism was considered the norm, saying that people of such race have x good quality was probably a way to show your discomfort with the main rule (you must be racist) without openly challenging it. Now that the main rule is (you cannot be racist), that kind of expressions sound weird, and they are racist in that they classify people by the arbitrary notion of race, but I think they're mostly an artifact from older times which will naturally disappear when the people who lived in the era of open racism have passed away.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.