Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK Bat Bugs Evolved Fake Genitals to Avoid Sex Injuries

Reading a new non-fiction book and learning things I may be didn't want to know.

OpposingOpposum 9 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The alpha female of the matriarchal hyena has a clitoris the size of a males penis. Go figure......=0}

Now I have to wonder if alpacas evolved along these lines. THe male has a spiral penis and can move the tip and end somewhat like a finger. He has to navigate a similarly shaped cervix in the female. The uterus is pretty traumatized in the act of mating so I wonder if there is a reason for all that. THe females also run and spit on the males if they want nothing to do with them.

I wouldn't want anything to do with that either!

These bugs seem to live up to their name. I found the articles use of the word "now" to provoke intterest amusing.

"now it appears that the bugs are using gender-bending tactics to defend themselves."

"Now evolutionary biologist Klaus Reinhardt of the University of Sheffield in England has discovered that male bat bugs have developed their own versions of female paragenitals to avoid the assaults."

cava Level 7 Apr 1, 2018

now ,now

Lemme tell ya bout a fantasy of mine... 😛

Crazy talk!

and now we know where the term 'dick head' came from...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.