Agnostic.com

5 11

Bighorn sheep near Chelan, WA today. A thrill to see.

Today a road worker took this photo of Bighorn sheep near Chelan, WA. Thirty miles north of where I live. It's always a thrill to see them.

Because they are the color of the hills, they are well-camouflaged. Hard to see.

A herd of Bighorn sheep lives in the hills. They cross the highway to get down to the Columbia River for water.

Looks like they got the message about social distancing.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Petter

Bighorn sheep are endangered. Yet in Washington State, hunters can buy a permit to kill these magnificent animals. It's like shooting a cow.

Just to hang a Bighorn sheep's head in their man-caves? To feel macho? Sickening, selfish assholes.

I agree. The Spanish "hunters" are awful. There are even places that breed animals and birds, held captive all their life in cages. A "hunter" arrives, all togged up in his special gear, and chooses a victim.
The farm then takes the animal to a copse of trees, or a field, where the bewildered animal is released. The client then "stalks" it in whatever way he thinks is authentic, raises his weapon, and shoots it.
The farm then takes photos of him posing with his kill, being careful not to include any buildings in the background.
I've actually seen a "hunter" walk up to a freshly released bird that cannot even fly, hold a rifle to its head and shoot. These townies then brag about their hunting "skill". It's sickening.
I refused to carry advertising from these "farms".

@Petter

Thank you for your supportive reply. You're right. It's sickening.

When I saw you clicked the "angry" button instead of "like," I assumed you are a hunter.

@LiterateHiker No. I was expressing anger because there are very few emoji options, and I do not "like" what these scum do.

One tactic is to buy a license & then don't use it.

@Petter Here we call them "canned hunts". Very popular in Texas.

@Mooolah Wouldn't work here. Sadly, licences are merely a source of government revenue.

@Petter

Since Washington has no state income tax, licenses and fees are a source of revenue. It's called excise taxes.

[dor.wa.gov]

I would add the greedy government officials and politicians to the sickening, selfish, asshole list. In fact, they should be at the top of the list. Not to mention the people who turn a blind eye come election time when they play the 'vote for the lesser of two evils' game.

Beautiful to see them in the wild ,Great pic ,fantastic to have this sort of nature so close to you

Lovely. How many portions of stew does one make? 🤣🤣🤣

Three sweaters?

@PondartIncbendog ... as well as stew? Wow!!

@Petter Heathen meat eater!,,,,,,Anyway, the sweaters have to be done first. Or you'll have a hairy stew, which is very popular in Sweden.

@PondartIncbendog I thought we were all heathens on this site. 😋😋
I'm 50% Norwegian by blood. Should I knit first or cook first?

@Petter In the Uk, its the same thing,,,LOL......

Do I have to drive halfway across the state to see sheep? I hate zoos.

I have never seen one in the wild, sure would like to. Beautiful creatures.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:476198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.