Agnostic.com

8 0

Do you fear your mortality?

barjoe 9 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

bar joe... you should know the solution to that one... have some bravery juice at the bar.. drink your fears away. Staying alive, I fear I might have to see another Trump or Covid-19 post...I am uncertain which is worse.

The bar is closed thanks to Covid-19 I don't think about morality that much. I've heard a lot of people saying they look forward to death I on the other hand will go kicking and screaming, at least before my time. I don't drink any more tho

Nope,died twice already...peaceful and quiet, no memories.

Almost died. You're still here. I'm thankful for that.

No, I do not fear my own mortality.

I am aware that there are millions of cognitively deficient people who fear their own mortality. They are called "Christians".

I don't cast aspersions on others beliefs. I don't judge. I suppose many of you are more comfortable in your skin than I am. Fear of the unknown is normal to me.

I am very careful to stay happy, healthy and alive for the sake of my friends, especially one who needs my care. But when they are all gone, then no, it will be time.

As a mom (of the sweetest, most loving little guy in the world), I fear.my mortality only when thinking my son will grow up without his mama, and without the love and guidance he can get from only me.

It’s weird how having a baby changed my perspective so much. He’s always my first thought.

I don't know if your parents are still living. When My dad died 30 years ago, I contemplated my mortally. I rationalized it this way, of my father had to go I will have to go. My mom died 7 years ago. I was her caregiver and she had Alzheimer's. It got so bad that her death was a good thing. Noone should lose their humanity. She went peacefully, but she didn't know. It's not a great subject.

My mother (of me and four more) said she had twelve years to enjoy us before we became teenagers. She also said a baby is heaven going in and hell coming out.

I'm looking forward to it.

I guess I'm not. I want to stick around. There's nothing after this.

You want to die?

@Apunzelle We all die. I just don't fear it.

@Apunzelle I was in a coma for four days. Almost died. Didn't hurt a bit.

Not fearing it and looking forward to it seem like two different things ... 🤔

@Apunzelle Ok then. A snapshot. I am in constant pain with a failing heart. I live in Nazi Grays Harbor county. I am surrounded by Trumpanzees. I can't move.. I'm in bad health.

@PondartIncbendog I understand now. 😢

@Apunzelle No reason to be sad. I've done more things than most people. Three NHRA local championships in dragbike, went to Japan, four years in the USAF, Field engineer for twenty two years, saw most states in the US. Never jumped out of an airplane. Not going there.

@Apunzelle And,,,,,,I got my bucket list vehicle three years ago. 2013 Ram. Longhorn with the HEMI!!

Yes. The void of nonexistence is weird and scary. I believe that is the biggest motivation for believers. It's a crutch.

Believers perhaps read Mark Twain’s Letters from Earth. They don’t want to sing “Hosannah!” forever.

During this pandemic obviously we've all had a lot of time to reflect. People have probably turned to religion for strength and that's okay, for them. Not once have I even thought about it.

I bingewatched Lucifer on netflix. Does that count?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:476221
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.